Al Lowe Leaves Replay Games...

Slipping into your Leisure Suit? Need tips? Or just want to discuss Leisure Suit Larry (Ladies, try to keep the swooning to a minimum, please!) - this is the place to do it!
Rudy
Village Elder

Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay Games...

Post by Rudy »

Rath Darkblade wrote:Why isn't he being asked to resign?
Cause he's the owner and CEO.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Collector wrote:I am not interested in dredging up a man's past sins, only what is relevant in terms of what he is currently doing. He is currently causing harm to Sierra titles, alumni and community.
Agreed. This is getting to be way too much information. This whole fiasco has already been an ugly stain on the community's renaissance and now we're just digging up dirt nobody asked for.

I'm sad to leave Al retire again, and his reasons are understandable. I really wish he could have gotten in with a better company.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote:It seems that this man is doing Replay Games a great deal of harm. Why isn't he being asked to resign?
I don't think Replay Games is a publicly traded company, so if it's privately owned, there are no shareholders. Without shareholders and a board, the CEO of a company can't be forced to resign.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I am not a fan of digging up someone's personal life - but sometimes, I can't help but smile when Karma hits those who so richly deserve it.

Paul Trowe and I went a few rounds on Facebook (after he tracked me down after reading something I posted on the Space Quest forum). I didn't care for his general attitude, especially when the Sam Suede thing came out. Then his attack on SpaceVenture. Then his attack on the Coles. Then his attacks on Serena. Then his attacks... Well, you get the idea. He spewed his venom anywhere and everywhere. So while I am normally not one for enjoying a person's past being dug up - this is an instance where I simply think it's Karma hitting him straight on. It sucks, but he's a personal with a lot of hate brewing inside of him. And it's caught up with him.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Rudy wrote:
Even the CEO of a company has to justify his actions to that company's President, Board of Directors or shareholders - that is, if that company has them. However, as DPX has pointed out, Replay Games may not be publicly listed, so... :(
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Even the CEO of a company has to justify his actions to that company's President, Board of Directors or shareholders - that is, if that company has them. However, as DPX has pointed out, Replay Games may not be publicly listed, so... :(
Regardless, I think he probably sank Replay Games on his own. His venom has spread wide and far.
Alistair
Noob

Post by Alistair »

I've said the brief bit I wanted to say on FB already, but, Tawmis his the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. To use an old adage, you made your bed, now you have to lie in it.

Good posts in this thread about the irrelevance of Trowe's personal criminal convictions and misdemeanours. Those are what they are, but they bare very little relevance to Trowe's unprofessionalism (aside from demonstrating his poor judgement, perhaps), his vindictiveness, Al's/Josh's reasons for leaving, etc.

I think it's unfair to suggest that Josho made a hasty exit and that Al was more restrained, though, I think Josh was getting caught up in something that he didn't want (long time Replay Games/Larry employee), and that his departure was more personal than related to Paul.

Honestly, LSL:R aside, I am surprised Al did not leave earlier or at least make public commentary earlier (Josh had the courage to, at least briefly, or at least keep Trowe in some kind of check). That will always be a failing of his in my book. But that's all history now, Larry is probably done and dusted and so is Al. At least his association with Larry didn't end just at Larry 7/8, which IMO spelled a low point of the series, instead ending on a remake with Josh Mandel. For me, that's probably a better finale for the series (plus, back where we started). But I bet I'm in a lonely spot with that opinion. :)

I wish we could have ended on Larry 3, as Al originally intended, with Larry making Larry 1 on a laptop.. That was so perfect. Would have been a real wheel within a wheel.. but anyway, now I'm rambling.

Return to “The Leisure Suit Larry Series”