Which one would YOU be?

Talk about anything you want here
Almirena
Supreme Songstress

Re: Which one would YOU be?

Post by Almirena »

My best friend has such a phobia about spiders and creepy-crawlies that... well, once she saw a spider (from memory, a huntsman) in her car while driving, and she so panicked that she began screaming and braking in the middle of the highway and trying to get out of the car - completely forgetting to undo her seatbelt.
Luckily the cars behind her had time to react, and a very kind guy came out of his car and approached, opened her door, unclipped her seatbelt, and said kindly, "Is it a spider?" She shot out of the door, still shaking, and he searched the car thoroughly... but the spider must have got out without being seen, because that was the last time it appeared.

I do not LIKE creepy-crawlies... but it's not that degree of phobia for me! But if I see a spider in my room and have to deal with it, that's the end of sleep for me - I'm convinced then that it had a friend, and keep imagining I can feel it...
I purpled the martyred moon
Where twilight drank all light
abyss
Sierra Fan

Post by abyss »

I'm not afraid of spiders. As long as they don't get onto me I'm happy. They eat flies and musquitos and other insects. My cat likes to eat spiders.
Matthias
Sierra Fan Wanna Be

Post by Matthias »

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of any "creepy crawlies," I just don't like sharing my home with them.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Quick anecdote: one day I saw a bug in my living room, and I was home alone. My boyfriend had just left, and his cellphone was turned off. I resort to all my braveness and - taken a glass - I imprisoned the bug under the glass (to be sure that it would have been still there when my parents would have returned) then I went out.

I'm pathetic, I know :oops:
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Matthias wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:The bite of most house centipedes is incapable of penetrating human skin. Those that can, give an effect no worse than a minor bee sting.
They're helpful in a house in that they eat other pests (including spiders), and they're probably the reason I've never come across a spider here, but I still kill them whenever I see them. Killed one last night, in fact.
Wikipedia only proves my point. Any centipede that can bite a human feels much like a bee sting. There have been cases, however, of individuals who were allergic to centipede bites. Whether or not that's common place is irrelevant. What matters is that people have been bitten and some have had reactions.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”