Most frustrating Game Moment.

Talk about anything you want here
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Re: Most frustrating Game Moment.

Post by Datadog »

Just remembered one in KQ7 that had me face-palming...

Spoiler-Zone:

When the moon falls into the fountain, you need to fish it out using a crook. In order to get a crook, you need to travel all the way back to the desert and trade a book to the rat for it. And in order to get a book, you need to get inside the Faux Shoppe by eating a gain of salt.

The problem? The first time you enter the Faux Shoppe, you just walk out the other end, like it's just another sight gag the game wants to throw at you that has no relevance to the plot. Otherwise, there's no motivation to try and get inside it other than the one line of inaudible dialogue the Archduke barks at you.

And even if you do get inside it and get the book, your first, second, third, and several thoughts beyond that probably aren't "I should spend the next five minutes jumping across the river and walking back out into the desert to see if the rat wants it."

When all is said and done, there's the one lingering thing that continues to drive me mad to this day. You went through all that trouble to get a long piece of wood when YOU ALREADY HAVE A STICK.

Valanice doesn't even want the moon anyway. Just click on it and she makes a pathetic reach and shrugs it off. Heaven forbid she sit on the edge of the fountain and reach just a little further. Nope. Gotta cross a river and journey into the desert instead.
Last edited by Datadog on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

:lol:

You're so right, Datadog!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

:lol: Datadog, that's so very true!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Although this isn't a Sierra game, I'd have to say that Super Smash Bros Brawl has frustrated Maia and me on a number of occasions. The combat isn't too difficult, but the jumping puzzles can be very annoying.

I'm particularly thinking of the stage where you play Samus (after she's got her suit back) and Pikachu. The moving platforms, rising and lowering metal boxes and worst of all, the spikes on both the top and bottom. Sometimes it's impossible to jump without smacking into the spikes.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

Well another game moment for me was during the last bit of Gk2 where you have to go through the maze of rooms to trap Von Glower as a wolf I died at that part so many times I thought I was never going to get through it.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Really? I must've fluked out that one. I got it on the first try.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Fender_178 wrote:Well another game moment for me was during the last bit of Gk2 where you have to go through the maze of rooms to trap Von Glower as a wolf I died at that part so many times I thought I was never going to get through it.
Oh. I remember that... I agree. It wasn't frustrating me - but it took me a number of tries.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”