Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Script party!

Post by Spikey »

Hey I'm still reading you! Just had a busy weekend with king's night, king's day and my brothers bachelor party ;).
I don't recognise any of the death messages from the top of my mind, still need to start playing.

And wow.. that animation looks like an unfinished Roger Wilco easter egg to me lol.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

It is probably an early view of Roger. He is wearing the same Star Con uniform that is is stripped off of Roger in the intro.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:I think it's what ADB said on the GK4 forum while it was still active; they're working with thousands of files and at some point it becomes hard to figure out whether it is in the game or not, and better safe than sorry. Maybe they removed them off later editions.
This walking cycle is one of four (the main directions, ya know) that is in view 900. The guy has a triangle on his chest. Is he in Space Quest or is this a trial animation?
That definitely looks like Roger Wilco from Space Quest 6, by the looks of the (rough) animation.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Okay! I have Space Quest 6 lying here, will give it a go... I tried SQ1 but I died a wee bit too many times on the space ship for my liking.

There are extensive cycles for Valanice and Rosella running - in case of Rosella even of her running as troll and wearing the cloak. I wonder if they were intended to run away at every dangerous moment - Valanice only uses her running cycle at the scorpion, Rosella/Cloak only while running out of the Werefolk Woods, and I couldn't even spot the other two being used. Maybe you could also have them run away from the Boogeyman. That would've been nice!

Little game in the mean time: what KQ7 puzzle was this supposed to represent?
Attachments
carriage.jpg
carriage.jpg (3.08 KiB) Viewed 7319 times
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

Seeing how you like King's Quest and Gabriel Knight as I suspect I always have myself..well....I hated SQ1 for a long while. I know this is probably blasphemy, but the SQ that really opened me up to the series at all was playing SQ5.

ETA: Yeah, they probably only later figured that Rosella has no reason to run from the Bogeyman when she is pretending to be Lady Tsepish. I always deliberately hang around in Ooga Booga a bit just to trigger that conversation you can have with the creep :lol: .
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yes! And I use the opportunity to play the limericks and talk to Lady Tsepich! :D
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

Btw BBP, could you perhaps share your latest version of your GK3 script with me? Don't know if you made any changes since last time, but I uhm....seem to have misplaced the file anyway. I'm thinking of making a Youtube movie of GK3, because the one currently on Youtubes kind of irks me in the way the conversations are put together. :)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Certainly! Available for the next two weeks from
http://www.adrive.com/public/YcZ6pt/gk3script.pdf

(beware it's a beast)
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

:lol: yeah I know it is huge, last time around I read it. Like, all of it.

Thanks a bunch!!
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Had a little spare time and whipped up the KQ5 script. There isn't much in the realm of leftovers but there's an oddity in Text 33:
For
Lisa
from O.

Not sure if I've got all the files, I'll check for the inventory if it's sneakily lodged into the Views.
http://www.adrive.com/public/NtC97T/kq5.pdf
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Are you working with the floppy version?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yes. But I have the voiced version too, could check for discrepancies... Anyway there were no inventory descriptions in the views, so that's a plus.
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

BBP wrote: For
Lisa
from O.
Use cape with broken sled....

Diskette version only
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I just played through a chunk of KQ5 just to see that... nice! Deadly though.
Skip to new scripts
Spikey
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Spikey »

It is more a personal joke than an easter egg, I guess. That Lisa they refer to is probably Lisa Crabtree, the receptionist at Sierra On-line at the time.
That is the same lady that posed for the artwork for the Dagger of Amon Ra as Laura Bow.

Return to “The Bard's Forum”