What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Qbix »

I agree. Evil Genius is a lot of fun. Which evil boss were you ?

I started on Borderlands 2: Presequel. So far it is nice. Not as good as the previous 2 games.
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

The one who looks like Dr. Evil.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Ah yes. Did you bother making hotels to distract the spies ? I am not sure how effective those are. I made a complex maze with doors, so they would give up eventually. I laughed a lot when having to using the kitchen mixer as interrogation device.
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

I made hotels the first time i played, but they were more trouble than they were worth so i didn't bother this time around.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Replayed Broken Sword 3 for the script. That is - all except for the part at the catacombs, and the finale at Glastonbury.

Am now trying to play Shivers 2, but as with Shivers 1 I find the moving around quite disorienting.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm inching forward with Shivers 2, hoping I can get the hang of some of the entry puzzles, and I started up KQ4 again. I never went up to meet Lolotte when I first played it, so I did that now. But I'll have to make my way through the troll caves (or wait a long time) to get it to go dark and see if you can die by swimming in the ocean at nighttime.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

I just tested this. I had a save game right at the point where night falls, so I restored that and started swimming. I first got a message "You are getting very tired, Rosella". A while later, I drowned with the message "The ocean confuses you at night! Panicking, you loose [sic] control... and drown."

Of course, while attempting to test that, I first repeatedly got eaten by a shark instead.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Thanks! If it hadn't been for that typo I wouldn't have noticed it. :)
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

The open grave in the Shivers 2 cemetery just gave me a fit... :o
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

So, no problems with the installer I take it.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Any problems I have with the game have nothing to do with the installer. :D It's been great fun to take puzzles away from the computer and solve them again... this far I've done that with the Bingo puzzle (which is a slider, and an easier one than the pinball puzzle, may I add) and the one with the egg. Now I have 3 bahos, the one from the lobby, from the church and from Paula's basement with the spider. I've solved the egg puzzle away from the screen but haven't entered that one yet.

I'm still stumped on the ones at the entrances of the barbershop and the bakery. I don't want to resort to a walkthrough - does anybody have a tactic to solve them besides "reset until you can find an easier one"?

(that reminds me of the cute mouse game in 11th Hour - but by the time you as a human can't solve it until you find a real easy one to the extent that the official hint book suggests you do that, maybe the game is flawed...)

----

Fast forward ( I deleted my old mail since I couldn't edit it to remove the things about the SCI viewer, I can read some files but not all of it and the buttons I found were from the demo)
I'm now at 8 or 9 bahos... a bit confused because I had too many savegames and think I may have loaded the wrong one, bit confusing...
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I had been replaying Shivers II on Dino to see how it runs on that. But now Dino's screen has given in. :(

In the mean time I bought a GameWatch Boy with Super Mario Race. :D
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Got a new screen for Dino, played Shivers II until the end. It doesn't seem to be much different (except REALLY ANNOYING disk swap) towards the end from having played it on Win 7. That's both good news and bad news: the Explore Mode is really failing even though there are buttons on the disk and it's in the manual. Plus the lines that the Spirit says in the menu and upon completing the game, which are very entertaining especially if you lose, didn't make it. I'll check to see if I can MP3 them and put them on my Tumblr. I run a special Tumblr for hidden game things, started it because I'd been digging through some Broken Swords. It's at bbp4games.tumblr.com.

I also found Hot Death Uno back, and discovered there are other fans of this mean version of UNO! It's a game where you can force your opponent to fold and take all the points in his hand, where you can make them show all their cards or where you can make them draw 69 cards.

Tried to play SQ4 again. And died.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Played through 3D Ultra Pinball Thrillride. There's a bit too much going on for my liking but there's still some fun features. It installs fine using the installer that comes with the game.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

For future reference: hitting the snack point 50 times enables the Hide & Seek mode, with random characters popping up in certain areas that you have to hit with the pinball.
Skip to new scripts

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”