The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Talk about anything you want here
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: The Brainless Box (aka Television Shows)

Post by AndreaDraco »

I just started watching three British series, The Inbetweeners, Being Human and Misfits.

All three of them are absolutely great! Very recommended! :)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I've been watching ReBoot with Maia. It's a lot better than I originally remember it, plus Teletoon Retro is showing all of the "regular" seasons. In the US, ABC stopped showing ReBoot during the second season.

For some reason, Teletoon Retro doesn't show the fourth season (which was originally available as two "animated movies"). Fortunately, I've found them on YouTube, so I'm happy.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I was wondering... has anyone here seen The Tudors? I was searching for a fairly light summer TV series to watch, and I like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. How's the show?
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

This isn't a TV show, but Maia and I watched a movie called Zombieland last night. Despite the cheesy name (which I imagine was intentional), the movie was quite good.

It's an action-comedy set in a world overrun by zombies. Unlike most zombie movies, this one doesn't take itself seriously, but isn't "stupid" either. Instead of the emphasis on blowing apart zombies, the movie focuses on the characters and their weird adventure.

I really didn't expect much from it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'd definitely recommend watching it.

Oh and if you're squeamish when it comes to blood and gore, you might not want to eat before seeing this movie. There are a lot of disgusting scenes in the movie, nearly all of which involve the zombies themselves.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Some of the squeals to Night of the Living Dead didn't take themselves seriously.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Collector wrote:Some of the squeals to Night of the Living Dead didn't take themselves seriously.
Does that mean that an un-oiled hinge would sequel in protest?
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maia and I started watching Dexter. It's an interesting show, especially how they've managed to make the audience see a serial killer as the protagonist. Usually they're the bad guys. :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote:Maia and I started watching Dexter. It's an interesting show, especially how they've managed to make the audience see a serial killer as the protagonist. Usually they're the bad guys. :P
Easily one of the BEST shows ever.

EVER.

EVER EVER EVER.

Ever.
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Tawmis wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:Maia and I started watching Dexter. It's an interesting show, especially how they've managed to make the audience see a serial killer as the protagonist. Usually they're the bad guys. :P

EVER.

EVER EVER EVER.

Ever.
I guess you like it. :D

Normally I'm not a big fan of shows dealing with serial killers, since they tend to give me too many nasty things to think about and stress me out. However, I really like how they don't focus on the murders very much, but focus instead on the people solving them and Dexter himself, who has some kind of moral code.

I also like that they flipped the stereotypical foster parent situation on it's head and had his foster father actually be a good influence on him. He was probably the only thing that stopped him from being like one of the serial killers that he was helping capture.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Maiandra wrote:
Tawmis wrote:
EVER.
EVER EVER EVER.
Ever.
I guess you like it. :D
Normally I'm not a big fan of shows dealing with serial killers, since they tend to give me too many nasty things to think about and stress me out. However, I really like how they don't focus on the murders very much, but focus instead on the people solving them and Dexter himself, who has some kind of moral code.
I also like that they flipped the stereotypical foster parent situation on it's head and had his foster father actually be a good influence on him. He was probably the only thing that stopped him from being like one of the serial killers that he was helping capture.
I absolutely love the show.

What Season are you guys on?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Anyone watch LEVERAGE?

ZOMG. Such an awesomely fun show! My friend Chuck always talked about it, and Amiee and I caught a few episodes, here and there, and it seemed okay. But just like Big Bang Theory we went ahead and got the first season dirt cheap, after Amiee had caught a few episodes in a row on a business trip; she knew I'd like it if I watched it from the beginning - and she was right!

Such an incredibly well written and VERY fun show.

Sort of like Dexter, where it takes your common element of what's bad, and turns it on its head and makes them good guys. :) (No killers here though...)
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

We just finished season one of Dexter. We're going to the library to get the first disc of season two tomorrow!

We may have to check out Leverage as well. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Maiandra wrote:We just finished season one of Dexter. We're going to the library to get the first disc of season two tomorrow!

We may have to check out Leverage as well. :)
LEVERAGE is a very fun show. :)

So what did you think of the end of the first season of DEXTER? Obviously a good sign that you're going for the first disk of Season 2. :)
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

I guess I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and I've started watching Dexter. I'm extremely impressed by the show so far.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

JasefWisener wrote:I guess I'm jumping on the bandwagon, and I've started watching Dexter. I'm extremely impressed by the show so far.
Hopefully you began with Season 1?

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”