Script party!

Fan fics, songs and other user contributions.

Moderator: BBP

BBP
Village Elder

Re: Script party!

Post by BBP »

Yeah I'm there now - it has that in common with LSL5. It's a bit tedious having to check up on the numbers; I keep forgetting which key is which!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

It'll be ready next Tuesday...

Anyway, for the next two weeks the Freddy Pharkas-script is available from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/pBP5q4/freddy.pdf
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Ha! I'm checking out LSL2. Like with some early games, the inventory items in the Views have their description in the Views rather than in message - except the descriptions match the LSL1 items. Larry's swimshorts are described as "Gee, a genuine BowlX! At least the time is accurate,it's (...)". The onklunk is "more fun to use than to look at." The weird wig is described as the Disco membership pass. And the bikini top is described as "5 blades, 7 attachments, 3 screwdrivers, 2 saws, a toothpick, tweezers plus MORE, much much more!" :D
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:It'll be ready next Tuesday...

Anyway, for the next two weeks the Freddy Pharkas-script is available from:
http://www.adrive.com/public/pBP5q4/freddy.pdf
Added:
http://larrylaffer.net/exxxtras/sierra-game-scripts/
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:Ha! I'm checking out LSL2. Like with some early games, the inventory items in the Views have their description in the Views rather than in message - except the descriptions match the LSL1 items. Larry's swimshorts are described as "Gee, a genuine BowlX! At least the time is accurate,it's (...)". The onklunk is "more fun to use than to look at." The weird wig is described as the Disco membership pass. And the bikini top is described as "5 blades, 7 attachments, 3 screwdrivers, 2 saws, a toothpick, tweezers plus MORE, much much more!" :D
That's crazy. I look forward to what you uncover, as this was my favorite LSL game.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Basically that, as with LSL3,KQ4 and LB1, the scripts can't be read; I can see the messages but not what to type in order to get them. And that the vocabulary also accepts "slut" in the same category as "woman".
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

KQ4.png
KQ4.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 6527 times
LB.png
LB.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 6527 times
LSL3 on the other hand does recognize "slut", but the game says she is not interested.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Was that in response to what I typed, Collector? Because they were two separate messages: 1: I can't read LSL2's scripts (nor can I read the scripts of LSL3, KQ4 and LB1): I can read the messages given but not what command to enter in order to see them;

2: LSL2 considers "slut" a regular input for "woman".
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

The "first unread post" feature cut off Tawm's previous post, so I just saw your post and lost the LSL2 reference . Without that the distinction it was not clear since you did not mention LSL2 in that post.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

LSL3 accepts b*tch and sl*t as synonyms for woman. Also, d*cklicker is an accepted substitute for tongue.
In LSL3 I can read the scripts but they're not much help. Maybe I should just put it together and play the games again to see what is said where. Man. I hated LSL3.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'm on a fresh project. Here's a hint:
To think: if you had just played a little longer, you could'a been somebody. You could'a been a contender!

(I've played this game and don't remember this anti-quitting motivation: if it's not in the game I wouldn't be surprised.)
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Wow I went through that fast!

First draft of Torin's script is finished. I haven't come across many irregularities: Inchie seems to have a lot more lines for that find the leaf puzzle, there's some fun inventory/person combinations (where does Slim say something about sliced escargots?)...

The only thing in the text that is of interest is this short dialogue. It appears in a section of its own, but fortunately all Torin's scripts are ordered in order of appearance and as such this seems to appear in Aesthenia:

VISCERA Let's get him, Tripe!
TRIPE Nah! He's over-done, at best!

(Viscera is the friendly vulture.)
Skip to new scripts
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

That is the scene used by the demo.

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Just played through it, but didn't see it. Hm.

Installing Torin later today, I don't recall as many Inchy lines.
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Okay, Akril has spotted them and placed them after one of Torin's deaths:
http://akril15.com/sr/TorinRes.html
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Bard's Forum”