<3 of China.

If you have the Heart to talk about it - someone here's bound to listen! Discuss Heart of China here!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

<3 of China.

Post by Tawmis »

I actually liked this game. It reminded me very much of those classic "Choose Your Own Adventure" books - but with graphics. Some of the choices were... kind of random (the results of them, anyway) - and I admit, much like the CYOA books - I'd often have to go back. There was a lot of blind stumbling in that game.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: <3 of China.

Post by DeadPoolX »

You're right -- HoC acts like a graphical CYOA book. You can even play it the same, since saving and loading games is like holding down a page and then looking to see which outcome is the best option. ;)

The first time around, I didn't really care for HoC. Then again, when it was first released in 1991, I was 12 years-old. At the time, I think I preferred the sci-fi atmosphere of RotD better, but after going back to HoC years later, I like it a lot.

Maia tried playing RotD, but I think she liked the 1920s setting of HoC better. I forget which ending she got, but knowing her, she probably tried to get each one. :D
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Return to “Heart of China”