Damaged Disks or CDs?

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Damaged Disks or CDs?

Post by Tawmis »

I just wanted to take a moment and point people to Bad Copy Pro. So recently I had my 500 GB External Drive crash on me - and it had everything on there. All of my music, pictures, writing, you name it - it was on this thing. When I tried to get data off of it - zilch - nothing - nada. So for about three days I was downloading software left and right to try and recover data - none of them worked. Until I stumbled upon Bad Copy Pro.. Bad Copy Pro has a free trial version that will scan whatever it is (it does memory keys, external drives, floppy disks, and CDs) - and sees if it can recover it. The demo version won't actually recover the file - but it will tell you whether or not it's possible. So I tried it and it said it could recover a file I wanted - unlike all the others. So I bought the program for a little less than 40 dollars (US Money).

To my amazement - so far it's been a 100% success on recovering data. It also recovers deleted data as well as just a file that may be corrupt. It's a slow process because you can't recover folders - you have to go into the folders and select the files. (And I just discovered it has a SELECT ALL carefully hidden within it).

So if you have a damaged DISK - this program is something you may consider trying - whether your Sierra disks, external drive, whatever.

Just figured I had a very good experience with the product so I'd share with others.
HarroSIN
Sierra Enthusiast

Re: Damaged Disks or CDs?

Post by HarroSIN »

Well, I just downloaded this to test it out, and I have to say it really did a good job recovering some of the images I accidentally deleted from the cell phone's camera. If I do ever need to recover something crucial, this looks like the application to do it.
Visit my website for the Phantasmagoria 2 XP Installer (Phan2XP):
http://leonhart.us/
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

HarroSIN wrote:Well, I just downloaded this to test it out, and I have to say it really did a good job recovering some of the images I accidentally deleted from the cell phone's camera. If I do ever need to recover something crucial, this looks like the application to do it.
Awesome! I am glad to share this with others who might get good use of it. I have just been floored by it - considering I thought I lost EVERYTHING.
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

I'll really have to keep this in mind. I've lost plenty of pictures over the past few years from crashes.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

Tawmis wrote:I just wanted to take a moment and point people to Bad Copy Pro. So recently I had my 500 GB External Drive crash on me - and it had everything on there. All of my music, pictures, writing, you name it - it was on this thing. When I tried to get data off of it - zilch - nothing - nada. So for about three days I was downloading software left and right to try and recover data - none of them worked. Until I stumbled upon Bad Copy Pro.. Bad Copy Pro has a free trial version that will scan whatever it is (it does memory keys, external drives, floppy disks, and CDs) - and sees if it can recover it. The demo version won't actually recover the file - but it will tell you whether or not it's possible. So I tried it and it said it could recover a file I wanted - unlike all the others. So I bought the program for a little less than 40 dollars (US Money).

To my amazement - so far it's been a 100% success on recovering data. It also recovers deleted data as well as just a file that may be corrupt. It's a slow process because you can't recover folders - you have to go into the folders and select the files. (And I just discovered it has a SELECT ALL carefully hidden within it).

So if you have a damaged DISK - this program is something you may consider trying - whether your Sierra disks, external drive, whatever.

Just figured I had a very good experience with the product so I'd share with others.

On your recommendation I tried and bought this product. It was money well spent. Thanks for your post.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Excellent! Now if I only got some kind of commission for the sales! :lol:

But seriously - I am glad that it has also worked for you. It's a pretty amazing program.

I consider myself fortunate that I have not had to use it since the 500GB External HD crash and I am much more insane about backing EVERYTHING up on multiple medias. So hopefully I won't have to use it in the near future. :)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Tawmis wrote:Excellent! Now if I only got some kind of commission for the sales! :lol:

But seriously - I am glad that it has also worked for you. It's a pretty amazing program.

I consider myself fortunate that I have not had to use it since the 500GB External HD crash and I am much more insane about backing EVERYTHING up on multiple medias. So hopefully I won't have to use it in the near future. :)
I'd be happy that it's just an external drive. Sure, that's annoying, but easier to fix than an internal one.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

:lol:

Oh, trust me. I know. I work in Information Technology (or just IT :lol: ) here at Pfizer. And today alone - I have had to work on recovering three hard drives. Today. Alone.

So I am well aware of it. Unfortunately I deal with it 5 days a week. :evil:

But depending on the damage to the internal hard drive - sometimes, it's a matter of slaving the hard drive. And if you can slave it and still get no data - this is where BCP comes in and saves the day. Not that I use it at work (because, ya know, it'd be forbidden to do so... but just saying... if that were the case is all, ahem...)

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”