Any Lords of the Realm fans out there?

Saddle up! Gather your weapons and wits! The Lords of the Realm beckon you! Or, you know, you could just post here to talk about the game - or if you have any questions or comments or problems with the game!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Any Lords of the Realm fans out there?

Post by Collector »

If you were are a fan of the Lords of the Realm games, let us know.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Any Lords of the Realm fans out there?

Post by DeadPoolX »

I played Lord of the Realms II, but I didn't really care for it. A somewhat similar game that I did really like was Conqueror: A.D. 1086. The game was neat because it had so many different parts to it (i.e. city building, melee battles, jousting, storming castles, and talking with other people) and there were two ways to win the game: You could defeat the dragon (thereby becoming the "King's Champion") or you could dethrone the king and take his place.

I did the latter of those two. I enjoyed taking castles and increasing my kingdom. Trying to find and kill the dragon was a real chore.

Something else that was cool was the character generator. You answered different questions and depending on your choices, your stats would be created.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

Lords of the Realm 1. I used to get together with a few of my cousins during the summertime and we would play most of the night. Fun game and a little complicated.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Played LOTR2 countless times. Still play it on occasion. Don't have LOTR1 yet. LOTR3 was far less appealing to me, but i didn't really give it a full go yet, just played through the tutorial missions. It just wasn't as catchy as LOTR2 as they changed the whole strategy.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Corwin
Noob

Post by Corwin »

:) Huge fan.

As a matter of fact, I'm currently re-installing L2+SP for about the millionth time and having technical problems, AGAIN! :lol:

I used to belong to a forum that had all the fixes documented for running with XP (my OS atm), as well as many active users to answer questions, but it's been shut down since the last time I played. I haven't found anything like that information here, and was kinda wondering if I should go ahead and start a new topic?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Corwin wrote::) Huge fan.

As a matter of fact, I'm currently re-installing L2+SP for about the millionth time and having technical problems, AGAIN! :lol:

I used to belong to a forum that had all the fixes documented for running with XP (my OS atm), as well as many active users to answer questions, but it's been shut down since the last time I played. I haven't found anything like that information here, and was kinda wondering if I should go ahead and start a new topic?
Indeed! There's several knowledgeable folks here - though none probably on par with Collector and/or Qbix (depending on the issue).
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Go ahead. It would be nice to see more activity int the Impressions forum, here. I have not created new installers for these games, but if there was demand for them, I would certainly consider it. There is a new installer for Lords 2 that allows the Windows version to run on modern Windows. If there was a compelling reason, I could do a DOSBox installer for it, too.

You may also be interested in knowing that there are currently four Impressions games available on GOG.

By the way, what was the address of the site that you were mentioning?

Corwin
Noob

Post by Corwin »

:) Thanks for the replies, Tawmis and Collector.

Before I go and start a thread for those of us trying to get the games installed on XP, I have a question:

I still have my original L2 & SP CDs made way back in '97-ish. Are the L2 & SP games in that Royal Edition in the link easier to install than the individual original games, and are they patched up to whatever the latest patch was? If so, I'd be more than happy to shell out a few bucks to get an install without problems like I'm having again.

Also, sorry for the semi-duplicate post I made yesterday. I missed/forgot the part about posts having to be allowed before they showed up in the forum, and I stupidly posted again before I figured it out. Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to delete the redundant one. ;)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I have split off the rest of these posts since they are more about technical issues. The end result is a DOSBox installer for Lords II.

Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Wow, normally I'm not the strategy type, but there just was something about the demo of Lotr2 I played that made me buy the game :-). I don't think I ever really got the hang of the gameplay, but i really liked it non the less. i can actually still remember some of the music, I think that was my favorite part :-D.
Eirinjas
Noob

Post by Eirinjas »

I love the Lords of the Realms games. First game I bought for my new computer back in late '96 / early '97. Very fond memories of evenings glued to the screen playing this and Fantasy General.

Return to “Lords of the Realm Series”