Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Post by DeadPoolX »

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is an Adventure Game (not Action-Adventure) for the Nintendo DS. It was created by using black-and-white sketches for the characters and full color backgrounds, complete with a mystery to solve.

For those of you who're unfamiliar with the Nintendo DS (and the more recent DS Lite version), it's a hand-held gaming platform which utilizes two LCD touch-screen displays (the "DS" in the name stands for "dual screen"). In this game, one screen is used for viewing and looking around, plus talking to people. The other screen is to move around (you get a floor map in order to do this effectively). Unlike most gaming systems -- especially hand-held ones -- the DS has a stylus (much like a PDA) which allows you to interact without knowing which buttons to push. The DS does have a D-Pad and some buttons, but many of the games primarily use the stylus. Since the DS can play older Gameboy Advanced games as well, the D-Pad and buttons were added to make gameplay possible (the GBA did not have touch-screen capability).

I have not played Hotel Dusk: Room 215, mostly because I do not own a DS. If you own either a DS or a DS Lite, I'd recommend picking this game up, purely based on reviews, word of mouth, the Wikipedia article and the website.

As a side-note, the game's protagonist is who I'm currently using as my tag (after colorizing it, of course). 8-)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
misslilo
Caffeine Queen

Re: Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Post by misslilo »

I have this game and absolutely loved it. :D
I didn't put down my DS til it was done... the atmosphere and story simply caught me.
"You cannot escape your past, but you can make your future" - Diana Melkumova
Twitter/Steam/Twitch: @wowdane
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I want it! But it's so (over)priced here in Italy :(
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

there is a *lot* of dialog in it though. Maybe a bit too much.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I just got it and I played the first chapter. I'm liking it!

Oh, DPX... Since I firstly knew you and your avatar, now - when I look at Kyle - I can't help but imagine you in the situations the protagonist find himself caught in! ;)
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
QuestCollector
Sierra Veteran

Post by QuestCollector »

I just bought the game myself about a month ago and it's very interesting. Only on chapter two so far. I agree with one of the above post about to much dialogue though.

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”