Videogame music

Talk about anything you want here
MacTeq
Sierra Fan

Videogame music

Post by MacTeq »

Hope this hasn't been done before on the forums.
I would love to hear your favorites. Post an entire list or just specific tracks, anything goes.
I really love this:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Videogame music

Post by Tawmis »

Oh! When I get home I can add to this thread, definitely.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Same. Also, I assume this is a YouTube video? For some reason it's not showing up on the mobile theme.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Weird, it's not showing up for me anymore either - but it did when I originally replied.

EDIT: 5 minute rule, it's showing up again fine.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Well, there's the whole slew of stuff from Sierra games that I've raved about over and over again that we've all heard. It's beautiful stuff and some of my favourite musical pieces ever and all, but I decided to change up the pace and throw up something completely different.

Always loved these little ditties from Crusader No Remorse and Unreal Tournament by veteran music mod tracker Necros (aka Andrew Sega).
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
MacTeq
Sierra Fan

Post by MacTeq »

Very nice, reminds me that I still need to play Crusader.
This from System Shock 2 (Eric Brosius) is another favorite: The one in the opening post was from Ultima 6, if that is still unclear (seems like I can't go back and edit).
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Reason why I played the hell out of Road Rash: Kickstand, by Soundgarden. I just saw these guys live a few hours ago.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

Game soundtracks can add so much to mood and immersiveness of a game world. I love a lot of game music, but I'll contain myself to listing only a few (for now).

Quest for Glory 5
I loved the soundtrack and ambient music for this game. Silmarian Meanderings is one of my favourites:
I also really liked the Dance of Mystery and Intrigue and the Underwater music.

The Longest Journey
I was thrilled when they made this soundtrack available for free download. I love the music from this game. My favourites became the Fringe Cafe music tracks, which started my liking for "Chill" music.
Dragon is tied for my favourite from that group with another called Winterland. Sooo relaxing:

Grim Fandango
Even if it hadn't been an adventure game with great humour, the Art Deco style and classic jazz would have been enough to get me. I love this style of jazz:

And I like the music others have posted too! The Crusader No Remorse music kind of reminds me of some of the stuff from the original Deus Ex, which I also really like.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

The opening song for Realms of Arkania: Star Trail has always been a favorite of mine.

The link below is the entire Star Trail soundtrack, but the song I am referring to is the first one played. There's a lot of great mood music in the Wizardry 8 game series.
(There is a play list here), but some of my favorites are:

Arnika: And Credits (which to me has a ... Star Trek... vibe, is the best way I'd describe it... especially the beginning...)
Naturally I'd also link a ton of MASS EFFECT or DRAGON AGE music, but that's almost unfair, because that tends to sound movie music type quality...
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Here's a full hour of the Ducktales Remastered Moon Theme because three minutes isn't enough.
stuntology
Sierra Obsessed

Post by stuntology »

Datadog wrote:Here's a full hour of the Ducktales Remastered Moon Theme because three minutes isn't enough.
I haven't even played the game, and that song is ingrained in my head! :lol:
Maiandra wrote:Quest for Glory 5
I loved the soundtrack and ambient music for this game. Silmarian Meanderings is one of my favourites:
Man, I really need to play QfG5 now that I've just finished 4...
Maiandra wrote:Grim Fandango
Even if it hadn't been an adventure game with great humour, the Art Deco style and classic jazz would have been enough to get me. I love this style of jazz:
Love it!

And now for some of my favourites. My absolute favourite video game soundtrack is from Shadow of the Colossus, a game in which all you do is search down huge stone monsters and slay them. The battle themes in the game perfectly capture its epic feel. Two select tracks are 'A Despair Filled Fairwell" and "Counterattack" (which I've heard described as 'Lawrence of Arabia-epic')!
My next favourite soundtrack is from Gunman Clive, a very simple platformer with a beautiful sepia art-stlye. The music fits the art perfectly, and, to me, just sound plain cool.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

My favourite game soundtracks are from that Mozart game (in fact it's the only thing in its favour), and from Order Out Of Chaos, which features Chopin MIDI-files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcryGEw1NY As played by Rubinstein, one from OOOC:

One bit where I always stop playing just to listen to the music is at night in GK3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azg0Hnj0qwA

Another favourite: Living Ball - Wasteland Table.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG38Jc0xfIg
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
MacTeq
Sierra Fan

Post by MacTeq »

Can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier, the Illsmouth theme from Shadow of the Comet is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeq0OqcRdo

Also, following BBP's example, linking to Youtube from now on may be preferable to embedding with so many videos on one page.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

MacTeq wrote:Can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier, the Illsmouth theme from Shadow of the Comet is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeq0OqcRdo

Also, following BBP's example, linking to Youtube from now on may be preferable to embedding with so many videos on one page.
I had not noticed it until just now since I am in a Panera's with a small trickle of bandwidth.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I've been going over covers of this tune all afternoon. It's the end credits theme from "Chrono Trigger". The hook on this one is beautiful.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”