Opinions on "Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller"?

Talk about anything you want here
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Opinions on "Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller"?

Post by Expack3 »

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, created by Phoenix Online Studios (yes, the same people who made the King's Quest: The Silver Lining series), has recently been released. However, the only good things I've heard about it are regarding the graphics and music. Everything else seems to be either OK, such as the story being good overall yet muddled with many immersion-breaking elements, or bad, such as the voice-acting script and the acting itself.

Of course, since I've only really read one source - namely GOG.com, whose vocal clientele, at least in my experience, detest Telltale-style chapter-based game series - I was wondering if anyone here has actually played the game (or the chapter(s) which have been released thus far).
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: Opinions on "Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller"?

Post by Collector »

Can't say for myself as I have not bought it. I have not been too drawn to it since TSL left me a little cold. Perhaps it is unfair to base impressions of future projects on a game that was started when some of the developers were still kids. I can wait for enough positive feed back to take another look at them.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Opinions on "Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller"?

Post by DeadPoolX »

I bought it on GOG since it was on sale (it's also on sale on Steam, but if I can get a game DRM-free, I'll do that in most cases), but I don't know how it is since I haven't played it.

Maia's started playing it, however. I recall her commenting that the graphics weren't very good and the character models seemed lackluster. She'd have to explain in more detail.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”