The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Phantasmagoria...

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Phantasmagoria...

Post by Tawmis »

The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About the Phantasmagoria games...

All of Sierra's "main" games were very different in themes, and as a result - the way the game played, interacted, etc.

If you had to pick out ONE thing (good, or bad) - about the game, that left a lasting impression (and feel free to go into detail) - what would it be?

And I'd like it to be just ONE thing (because on some of our favorites, it's too easy to list all the things we enjoyed).

I want to focus on what made EACH game of the different titles (GK, LSL, PQ, KQ, etc) different than one another?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The One Thing That Stuck Out For Me About Phantasmagoria

Post by Tawmis »

The atmosphere in the first game, was amazing. To me, I still love it - and it ties to memories of playing it with my wife, friend, and his wife. We were simply enthralled with it. The second game, not so much.
Mostly
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Mostly »

The first game is a relatively enjoyable B-movie or cult horror story. Big mansion with secrets, spouse gradually going insane, ancient spirits, and plenty of ridiculous, over-the-top gore.

I too have fond memories of playing it very late at night in a dark room at my friend's house.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Mostly wrote: I too have fond memories of playing it very late at night in a dark room at my friend's house.
That's pretty cool that it wasn't just me. :)
Mostly
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Mostly »

Tawmis wrote:
Mostly wrote: I too have fond memories of playing it very late at night in a dark room at my friend's house.
That's pretty cool that it wasn't just me. :)
It's one of my favorite gaming memories! We started playing late in the evening, say around 10pm after my friend's dad went to sleep and the computer was free. We played nonstop for many hours until early morning hours. I just remember the two of us sitting there in the dark in front of that bright CRT monitor completely entranced by the spooky mansion and it's horrible secrets.

Another thing I recall is that my friend's cat sat in my lap for much of that time, purring happily as I was balancing my attention between petting her and helping my friend solve puzzles. We also played a bit more of the game after waking up in the late morning - it was my idea to distract Don with the snowman ornament. I was so bummed when we were just getting started with the chase then I had to leave. As soon as I arrived home I called my friend to ask if he had beaten the game yet. :lol:
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Mostly wrote: It's one of my favorite gaming memories! We started playing late in the evening, say around 10pm after my friend's dad went to sleep and the computer was free. We played nonstop for many hours until early morning hours. I just remember the two of us sitting there in the dark in front of that bright CRT monitor completely entranced by the spooky mansion and it's horrible secrets.
I've mentioned a few times on here - when all of us playing together - reached the crib with the "baby" crying - we all freaked out.

It's something all four of us still vividly remember.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Phantas 1: Regina's death making me reach for a bucket.

Phantas 2: getting a crush on Trevor and discovering he's gay at the third or fourth chapter, bummer!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”