My Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: My Phantasmagoria 2 playthrough

Post by notbobsmith »

I'm working through my second playthrough and I think I missed this video from my first time playing. There's this one video in Chapter 1 that is in black and white. There doesn't seem to be any artistic reason for it. It's just Curtis calling Trevor. I thought it was kind of odd. The video is called "Call Trevor from Curtis' Cubicle: Second Time After Being Harassed".
Attachments
phant2_saves.zip
(140.17 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Perhaps to mimic a security camera video from the '90s?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I'll check my game files but I don't recall that happening... and I sure did browse those game files...
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Collector wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 am Perhaps to mimic a security camera video from the '90s?
Possible. If so, they forgot to include other visual cues to make that apparent. It looks like all the other videos of Curtis talking on the phone, just in black in white.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Just finished my second playthrough. Not too much to add. I think the story had potential at first, but the final payoff was just wacky. The game itself was barely an adventure game. I did manage to find all of the Easter Eggs though, so that's something.
The attachment sierra_000.png is no longer available
I'm not sure if The Simpsons creators were aware of the audio clips that were used.

Other observations:
Curtis is really lucky with the ladies. He has a girlfriend and another woman who practically throws herself at him. Not bad for a technical writer.
Evil research labs are not the best location for a "Take Your Child to Work Day". Find a sitter.

I've attached more saves which should have any missing videos from my first time through.
Attachments
phan2_saves.zip
(537.78 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

For some reason my screen capture got lost in the previous post.
sierra_000.png
Another thought: Are the aliens in the end evil? Sure they mutilate people, but that may be out of ignorance as to how our physiology works. They may not fully understand that we consider what they are doing is horrific. They expressed concern over the Curtis doppelganger. They are also polite by saying things like "please". So I am leaning towards not necessarily evil.

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”