Happy Advent! And...

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Happy Advent! And...

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Happy season-leading-up-to-Christmas! :)

Many of us here have a working life, and I'm aware we try to keep that separate from this forum (devoted as it is to Sierra's games etc.) I only wished to share this (from seek.com.au), which I thought was interesting: The Five Things NOT to do at a Work Christmas Party. :)

Hope you find these interesting, or at least amusing. And now, back to our scheduled programming. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Happy Advent! And...

Post by Tawmis »

Well. These are all fairly obvious too. I'd hope.
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

One thing I learned some time ago: never order the chicken.

I'm serious. Whenever I've had a company holiday dinner at a hotel ballroom, the chicken dish has always been horribly dry. Every. Time. I don't know why. Maybe it has to do with the way the staff has to prepare so many all at once? Get the beef dish.

So not a particularly interesting or amusing tidbit, but a little less obvious and hopefully a little useful.
tassieboy
Sierra Fan

Post by tassieboy »

Tawmis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm Well. These are all fairly obvious too. I'd hope.
I would concur.
Adam David Collings - Sci-Fi Author. (Jewel of The Stars)
www.AdamDavidCollings.com
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 pm Well. These are all fairly obvious too. I'd hope.
They seem to be, I'm sure - but there are always people who break them, otherwise they wouldn't need to be pointed out, right? ;)

Take, for instance, the guy I'm sitting next to at work. I'd say he'd be in his mid-to-late 50s, so he should know, but every so often (about once or twice a day, or every two days or so?) he tries to engage me in conversation about religion or politics, or both. :shock: I've only been in this company for about 3 weeks, so I'm still a newbie ... So I just say sorry, I'm not interested, etc.

I mean - I know how touchy and controversial these subjects can be, so why is this guy keeps bringing them up all the time? I don't know! :roll:

Needless to say, it's exhausting - especially when I'm trying to concentrate on complex numbers ... :(
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

Every company has that guy. Or maybe a few of them. Or sometimes you're that guy and everyone's too nice to let you know. :)

As far as drinking at office parties goes, I think you're in the clear as long as you stay slightly more sober than the boss.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

*snerk* ;) Well, I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear. I don't have a head for drinks, so I might have one slightly alcoholic drink, but that's it. I know my limits. ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

notbobsmith wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:09 pm One thing I learned some time ago: never order the chicken.

I'm serious. Whenever I've had a company holiday dinner at a hotel ballroom, the chicken dish has always been horribly dry. Every. Time. I don't know why. Maybe it has to do with the way the staff has to prepare so many all at once? Get the beef dish.

So not a particularly interesting or amusing tidbit, but a little less obvious and hopefully a little useful.
Good grief yes. At last year's company summer party they served chicken (either that or squid). It was so undercooked it made quite a few of my co-workers sick. Including me.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Chicken or squid? :? Wow. Was that to make sure that everyone got the chicken? ;)

But yes, undercooking chicken is a major health hazard. It's much too easy to get very sick from undercooked chicken ... yikes. :( Did the caterer get sued for poisoning you all, BBP?

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”