Game: "Let's NOT write a Sierra related kickstarter!"

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: Game: "Let's NOT write a Sierra related kickstarter!"

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol:

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lazy Lounge Lizards. Larry learns from the lazy lounge lizards (try saying that five times fast!) and expects all the women to swoon at his feet. Obviously, this doesn't work.

Gabriel Knight 5: Phantom of the Operation. Gabriel has to undergo a life-saving operation, but a ghost keeps moving the doctors' hands. Can Gabriel solve the mystery and placate the ghost before it's too late? ;)

***WARNING: This game includes a fast-moving arcade-type puzzle. And if you can't solve it, it's Game Over***

Quest for Glory: The Lion, The Britches, and the War Games. Rakeesh has to learn how to wear trousers (specially made for him) in order to participate in military exercises. ;)
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

Post by Semi-Happy Partygoer »

Northern Flights: This sequel to Air Bucks has you oversee management of an arctic airport. Watch out for polar bears on the runway.

The Subtle Wife: Attention all married men! Learn the secret code of women and wives in this highly educational game. Once completed, you’ll understand the hidden nuances and meanings behind every seemingly innocuous gesture and comment. “Yes, dear!”

The Amber Shot Glass: Undertake a quest for a famous shot glass made of amber, which self refills and gives you no hangovers. Needless to say, many seek, but only one shall find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Dark_Materials
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers" - James Thurber
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Semi-Happy Partygoer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:17 pm The Subtle Wife: Attention all married men! Learn the secret code of women and wives in this highly educational game. Once completed, you’ll understand the hidden nuances and meanings behind every seemingly innocuous gesture and comment. “Yes, dear!”
Will this also give the correct answer to the question "Do these trousers make me look fat?" (The correct answer, of course, is: run away! RUN AWAY!!!) ;)

I'm also confused what Sierra game this refers to. :?

Through a Glass, Dorkly: Zircon Jim Laffer -- i.e. Larry Laffer's great-great-grandpappy (or his great-great-great uncle; history is unclear on the exact relation) -- learns from "Dizzy" Doc Gillespie the art of appealing to women by buying them alcoholic drinks. Doc's advice is that by the third or fourth drink, women will throw themselves at you.

As dating advice, this is patchy at best.

(Through a Glass Darkly, obviously) ;)
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

These weren’t parodies of any particular games, but the titles were parodies of the book series I posted the link to, with plots I came up with that could theoretically be made into games. I was trying to think more outside the box than simply coming up with more rhyming variations of existing Sierra games (although, if you look again, I did specify Northern Flights was an Air Bucks sequel).
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers" - James Thurber
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

Here are some sitcom inspired game ideas.

I Love Laura: After dumping Steve for a dashing Cuban bandleader, Laura Bow is bitten by the showbiz bug and wants to exchange her pen and paper for the footlights. Her new husband, knowing full well Laura’s ability to always end up surrounded by murderers wherever she goes, tries to get her employed with only his rivals so the field will be clearer for him.

Graham’s Island: The Daventry royals become stranded on a deserted island and devolve into a bunch of goofy castaways. Too bad there aren’t any unicorns to make use of the numerous bridles Rosella finds in all the shipwrecks.

I Dream of Katrina: Our hero becomes the new master to a lovably headstrong vampire. During the day, he has peace, but when the coffin opens at night, all hell delightfully breaks loose.

Malcolm in the Middle: Malcolm the Jester finds himself in unfamiliar territory when he’s kicked out of Westwood and joins Sierra, suddenly stuck in the middle of numerous franchises and having no clue which one he should join.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: "I Dream of Katrina". "Malcolm in the Middle" is already taken, I believe. ;) Let's try ...

The Lone Arranger. A show about Ad Avis pulling strings behind the scenes. He is helped by his undead mascot, Zonto the Zombie, who always has an ear to the ground. (He can't help it - it's stuck there through the build-up of bodily juices. He gets around by dragging his ear along the earth).
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

Zonto the Zombie, LOL!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I wrote that one about 2 minutes before it was time to go to work. Glad you liked it. :)

Here's one I wrote on my phone, on the train to work. It might be a little rough, but oh well. ;)

I Loved Laura. After Laura becomes famous and dumps Steve, he writes a tell-all memoir about their brief fling. Now Laura has to find a way out of this mess without suing (because she still has feelings for Steve).

Oh yeah, and some murderer is on the loose. Again. Yawn.

Is it - gasp - Steve? Out of jealousy? But then Steve winds up dead. But - gasp! - Steve's memory was ghost-written!!!

Is it - gasp - the ghost-writer? But he passed away (unpeacefully) in the night. :P

Is it - gasp - not-Steve's publisher?

All right, Laura, this is getting ridiculous. Not everything that happens is about y--- oh no! Laura's been murdered! Game Over... ;)

(Like I said, it's a bit rough. But I'm sure it could be polished. What do you think?) :)
------------------------
And a couple of others ...

Mother Knows Best. A series of mini-games. You play Graham, Rosella or Alexander, and at the end of each-mini game, you keep getting into a dangerous situation that Valanice -- unexplainably, and in more and more contrived ways -- has to get you out of. But by the end of each mini-game, everyone poses for an idealised family photograph. Sponsored by Daventry(TM) Daggers.

(Why? Because the first season of "Father Knows Best" was sponsored by Lorillard's Kent cigarettes)... ;)

Leave it to Cedric. The adventures of an inquisitive and often naive owl around Crispin's home and the surrounding forest. Cedric often gets into minor scrapes and then has to face Crispin for a rebuke and correction. It explains a lot about his timidity by the time Graham meets him in KQ5. ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

King's Kombat - All the various kings (including Graham) from the different Kingdoms have come together for Immortal Kombat....

King's Instinct - Various Kings (including Graham) from different time lines have come together for 1:1 combat.

King's Calibur - Various Kings, from different time lines, from the world of Sierra have come together for 1:1 combat.

(Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, and Soul Calibur reference)
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

MORTAL WOMBAT!!! A new candidate enters the tournament! He is small and slow, but has unexpected speed and sharp claws! :D Goro laughs so hard that he falls over backwards and dies! :P

(Not sure if anyone's seen a wombat before, so here is one:

And here's some details about them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat ) :)
Semi-Happy Partygoer
Oldbie

King’s Breast: Graham seeks out a magical cure for his gynecomastia, resulting from a curse Hagatha placed upon him.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

King's Nest: The giant eagle whom Graham had stolen the golden egg from (in King's Quest 1) thought it had extracted its revenge by picking up Graham and dropping him off on an island (King's Quest 1, also). Now that it's learned that King Graham is still alive; it now demands that Graham give back the egg. However, Graham had used the egg to sell off for its value to restore the kingdom... now he must track where that egg has gone... and get it back.

King's Chess: Someone has check mated the Queen! Now, Graham must summon a worthy Knight and a willing Pawn, a Holy Bishop, and a giant rook to go and and rescue the Queen!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:07 pm King's Nest: The giant eagle whom Graham had stolen the golden egg from (in King's Quest 1) thought it had extracted its revenge by picking up Graham and dropping him off on an island (King's Quest 1, also). Now that it's learned that King Graham is still alive; it now demands that Graham give back the egg. However, Graham had used the egg to sell off for its value to restore the kingdom... now he must track where that egg has gone... and get it back.
Too bad someone's already made a giant omelette. :P
Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:07 pm King's Chess: Someone has check-mated the Queen! Now, Graham must summon a worthy Knight and a willing Pawn, a Holy Bishop, and a giant rook to go and and rescue the Queen!
Heck, that's easy. Graham should simply cast the "Summon Chess Pieces" spell. ;)

King's Jest. Graham must save the land from Malcolm's mad laughter and utterly ridiculous wordplay!! Oh no - who will save us from evil puns?!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:36 pm King's Jest. Graham must save the land from Malcolm's mad laughter and utterly ridiculous wordplay!! Oh no - who will save us from evil puns?!
http://forums.sierrahelp.com/viewtopic. ... 227#p92227 :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Great minds think alike? :D

Return to “Community Games”