Game: "Let's NOT write a Sierra related kickstarter!"

Just like the title says. Fun little forum related games and threads. Come in here and have some fun!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Game: "Let's NOT write a Sierra related kickstarter!"

Post by Tawmis »

Hi-Res Adventure #7: Mystery Spouse. It's a retro game that brings Larry Laffer into the game! You play Larry Laffer that has a wife in each room of the house and you need to figure out which one you married when you got so intoxicated and woke up with a ringer on your finger. The rooms provide clues about each woman and unlock a piece of your memory.

Hi-Res Adventure #8: The Blizzard And The Princess. A mysterious winter storm has swept over Daventry and Rosella is on a mission. As it turns out, Lolotte has a sister, Lotte who now wants revenge. Sure, this sounds like King's Quest V, but we don't even call this one a King's Quest game! No one will figure it out.

Hi-Res Adventure #9: Mission Avoid. You play Sonny Bond's partner, Keithr, during Police Quest 2 - as we revisit the game and show the perspective from Keith's side.

Hi-Res Adventure #10: Danced In Manor You run a rave that operates out of a manor. You need to DJ music and attract the youth to the manor so you can earn money and keep buying music to attract youths. Cut tracks. Bring'em back. Totally hip.

Hi-Res Adventure #11: Useless Golden Piece You're a spy, like James Bond, who has the golden gun (remember that great N64 game?) except... you need to find bullets, while evil villains shoot at you in the werehouse. There's also a chance the game jams. So you may need to repair the gun too.

Hi-Res Adventure #12: Time Alone. It's a game about avoiding people. Introverts will love it.

Hi-Res Adventure #13: The Dark Pistol You are a villain, chasing a hero who has a golden gun, in a warehouse. It's like the other side of one of these other games...
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just one little minor editing nitpicky thing (sorry!): evil villains can't shoot at you in a werehouse ... unless this thing is a human being who turns into a house every full moon. (?) :D I think you mean "warehouse". :)

I loved "Keithr". Is he Keith's Viking cousin? ;)

Police Quest 15: So Damn Tired of This ****. Sonny has three days until retirement. But he has a "wild" partner who likes to do things without following the rules. Guide Sonny through his last three days without getting shot dead.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:29 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just one little minor editing nitpicky thing (sorry!): evil villains can't shoot at you in a werehouse ... unless this thing is a human being who turns into a house every full moon. (?) :D I think you mean "warehouse". :)
I loved "Keithr". Is he Keith's Viking cousin? ;)
LOL! Blame my lack of sleep... I was struggling to stay awake at work, like literally nodding off, so I dug up the name of the "Hi-Res Adventure" names Sierra made, and forced myself to be creative and think of stuff to keep me awake!
Same with "Viking Keith" :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:29 pm Police Quest 15: So Damn Tired of This ****. Sonny has three days until retirement. But he has a "wild" partner who likes to do things without following the rules. Guide Sonny through his last three days without getting shot dead.
Great title. :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

PC's Quest For Wires - It's a computer building simulator.
Lawbreaker - You are the Death Angel. Go sell drugs and beat up ladies of the night. Worked in Grand theft Auto.
Troll's Fail - It's a simulator where you combat forum trolls.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:00 pm PC's Quest For Wires - It's a computer building simulator.
Lawbreaker - You are the Death Angel. Go sell drugs and beat up ladies of the night. Worked in Grand theft Auto.
I like these, but which Sierra titles are they a parody of? *curious*

Police Quest 0.99: I'm Getting Too Old for this Shift. Play as Sergeant Dooley (voiced by Danny Glover)! :D

What Dooley wants to do is show up to work, help the recruits out, and earn his pay-packet.

What Dooley gets is a bunch of irresponsible layabouts cruising the streets, drinking coffee, picking fights with bikers, and being late for the afternoon shift. And we won't even mention the Gremlin.

Dooley just wants a quiet day at work. The Gremlin just wants to mess with Dooley's head. And it's not even lunchtime yet ... :twisted:

(Do you think this would work? I think it might...) :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:29 am
Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:00 pm PC's Quest For Wires - It's a computer building simulator.
I like these, but which Sierra titles are they a parody of? *curious*
BC's Quest for Tires, which Sierra did a game for. Based off the newspaper. I know this one painfully, because a friend and I came up with a game idea called "B.C. Quest" (which stood for "Before Civilization") in our game, which takes place in prehistoric times. And was essentially a quest game, like any other Sierra game, because at the time we had thought Sierra had not done any game in prehistoric settings. So when I sent them a letter, about a game idea, and such - we went back and forth, filled out some paper work - and they sent us a letter informing us "this sounds too close to a game we have released called BC's Quest for Tires" :(

Lawbreaker is Jawbreaker
Troll's Fail is Troll's Tale, made by legendary Al Lowe himself, for Sierra.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:29 am Police Quest 0.99: I'm Getting Too Old for this Shift. Play as Sergeant Dooley (voiced by Danny Glover)! :D
I'd never stop playing this game, for the Lethal Weapon reference alone!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Codename: Nice Man. You're under cover as a servant to a very rich and snobby family. You have to go around delivering food and drinks, and being polite as can be, while everyone else is being rude to you, to learn and gather information. You are... Codename Nice Man.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

:lol: Just the title cracks me up. "Nice Man"! ;)

Codename: Rice Man. You go under cover in Vietnam, disguised as a rice farmer. Your job is to pick up intel about the Viet Cong and where they're planning to strike next.

Too serious? Then how about ...

Codename: Lice Man. You go under cover in a primary school. Your job is to get all the lice-infected children in one place, so they can be deloused. You do this by ... *drumroll* ... promising them a trip to Disneyland. (Yay!) :D

Then they get on the bus, which takes them next door, where their mums (or a bunch of social workers) set about delousing them. Meanwhile, you slip away and go grab a beer. Job well done, Lice Man!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:04 pm Hi-Res Adventure #7: Mystery Spouse. It's a retro game that brings Larry Laffer into the game! You play Larry Laffer that has a wife in each room of the house and you need to figure out which one you married when you got so intoxicated and woke up with a ringer on your finger. The rooms provide clues about each woman and unlock a piece of your memory.
Hi-Res Adventure #8: The Blizzard And The Princess. A mysterious winter storm has swept over Daventry and Rosella is on a mission. As it turns out, Lolotte has a sister, Lotte who now wants revenge. Sure, this sounds like King's Quest V, but we don't even call this one a King's Quest game! No one will figure it out.
Hi-Res Adventure #9: Mission Avoid. You play Sonny Bond's partner, Keithr, during Police Quest 2 - as we revisit the game and show the perspective from Keith's side.
Hi-Res Adventure #10: Danced In Manor You run a rave that operates out of a manor. You need to DJ music and attract the youth to the manor so you can earn money and keep buying music to attract youths. Cut tracks. Bring'em back. Totally hip.
Hi-Res Adventure #11: Useless Golden Piece You're a spy, like James Bond, who has the golden gun (remember that great N64 game?) except... you need to find bullets, while evil villains shoot at you in the werehouse. There's also a chance the game jams. So you may need to repair the gun too.
Hi-Res Adventure #12: Time Alone. It's a game about avoiding people. Introverts will love it.
Hi-Res Adventure #13: The Dark Pistol You are a villain, chasing a hero who has a golden gun, in a warehouse. It's like the other side of one of these other games...
For reference - these are the Hi-Res Adventure games from Sierra: Mystery House, The Wizard and the Princess, Mission Asteroid, Cranston Manor, Ulysses and the Golden Fleece, Time Zone and The Dark Crystal.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:31 pm Codename: Lice Man.
This one would give people nightmares.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Why? He's not a literal half-lice, half-man (like The Fly.)

Maybe if he had his own cartoon. Like this guy. "SPOOOONNNN!"
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Heh, The Tick is one of the best cartoons!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Hi-Res Adventure: Mystery Grouse. A mystery guest shows up at the house and won't stop complaining. No-one knows who he is. But it'd be rude to kick him out. Don't want to offend some high-society so-and-so who's there in disguise, don't you know, and all that. :P

Eventually, he is murdered! (Gasp!) Was it because someone couldn't stand his non-stop whining? ;)

Hi-Res Adventure: The (Lounge) Lizard and the Princess. Larry?! What are you doing in a Hi-Res Adventure? Get out of there this instant!

Hi-Res Adventure: Mission Blasteroid. Oh noes - you're into the asteroid belt around Jupiter! And you're getting sucked into the giant planet's gravitational pull! :shock:

Shoot-shoot your way through the asteroid belt! Shooty-shooty pew-pew! :P

Hi-Res Adventure: Pranced Into Manor. The Mystery Grouse prances into Cranston Manor and keeps on complaining. Oh they don't know how make the coffee properly here do they?! And the garden's so badly kept, the gardener doesn't know his job, and the bed is so badly made it's like sleeping on a slab of stone ... and so on.

Everyone is irritated, but must keep up appearances.

Hi-Res Adventure: Ulysses and the Golden Fleas. Ulysses (aka Odysseus) is on his way back home from Troy to Greece - a distance of about 200 miles - but keeps getting annoyed by mythological creatures. This week? The golden fleas, mythical super-monsters. They won't stop biting his crew. Trouble is, they're made of gold. So if you swat them, you're swatting yourself ... and you fall over, 'cos they're so heavy.

How to get out of his dilemma?

Hi-Res Adventure: Time Crone. You play a witch who goes backwards and forwards in time, just to put curses on famous people and watch their heads explode. ;)

Hi-Res Adventure: The Dark Bristol. All the lights in Bristol, England, have gone out simultaneously! Why? Gasp - it's a mystery! :shock: It's up to you, Inspector Whiteley (pronounced "White Lie") to solve the case!

(Spoiler: it's the start of World War II, and everyone's scared stiff of the German bombers. So the government said "Turn off those lights! Otherwise the bombers will see 'em and bomb ya!" :twisted:

In reality, a bomber up in the sky could never see an electric light, nor bomb it with such accuracy. But hey, never let reality interfere with government policy) :P
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Hah! These are great! I love the Lizard and the Princess the best - for obvious reasons.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Does anyone want to continue this? :)

Return to “Community Games”