The Music Thread.

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Re: The Music Thread.

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Just for Tawm -- an official unofficial Weird Al video. ;)

Just a bit of harmless, wholesome fun. :D
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Another Nickleback song from their upcoming album.

I love this song and love the video more. So many nice references.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Another new track from STYPER from their upcoming album. So far, none of the song have really grabbed me (which is odd, because usually one of the songs I hear blows me away).

The music is great. Michael's vocals are one of the best in metal, considering how long he's been at it. They knock out records in record time.

But the lyrics for this? Are.... boring. You could say, it seems they purposely making it sound boring because it's called "Same Old Story"......

The video is also odd... like... until they're all jamming out together... all the stuff before... just feels weird.

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

When I heard Doug Aldrich (guitarist) had left Revolution Saints, I was worried. He was the reason I listened to them (followed him from Lion... where he'd go on to play with Dio and Whitesnake and even another band called Hurricane)... but this is a damn good song.

This one is also very good...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 pm Just for Tawm -- an official unofficial Weird Al video. ;)
Just a bit of harmless, wholesome fun. :D
This is amazing. I love the family's commitment to the entire thing! :D
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I got the latest Star One album Revel In Time for Christmas and have been listening to the title track nonstop. Like Arjen's previous Star One albums, each song is based on a sci-fi movie or show around a certain theme. The first album Space Metal is based on movies that take place in space like Star Trek, Star Wars, Dune, Stargate, Doctor Who, etc. The second album Victims of the Modern Age is based on Dystopian Future sci-fi movies like The Matrix, Blade Runner, Children of Men, 1984, Planet of the Apes, A Clockwork Orange, etc. Now the third album is based on time travel and time manipulation so it features songs based on Terminator, Back to the Future, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Interstellar, Donnie Darko, Groundhog Day, Source Code, etc.

The title track is based on Bill & Ted and it freaking rocks and is a real earworm for me lately. Also different in this Star One album is the fact that instead of having the traditional set lineup of singers (Damian Wilson, Russell Allen, Floor Jansen, and Dan Swano), each song features its own lead singer including the aforementioned plus new singers. The second disc even includes alternate versions of songs with different singers. Brandon Yeagley sings on Revel In Time and he helped put together a great music video for it. Adrian Vandenberg of Whitesnake also takes lead guitar.

Also, Lost Children Of The Universe is based on the movie Interstellar and features the Hellscore metal choir, Tony Martin, Roy Khan, and an amazing lengthy guitar solo by Steve Vai. (also, the introductory credits in the video are designed like the Superman movie intro which is just cool)

This is probably technically and production-wise the best Star One album yet and the most diverse. But Victims I think musically is still my favourite album. But this one is right up my alley because I'm a huge sucker for the time travel theme. :D
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:03 pm The title track is based on Bill & Ted and it freaking rocks and is a real earworm for me lately. Also different in this Star One album is the fact that instead of having the traditional set lineup of singers (Damian Wilson, Russell Allen, Floor Jansen, and Dan Swano), each song features its own lead singer including the aforementioned plus new singers. The second disc even includes alternate versions of songs with different singers. Brandon Yeagley sings on Revel In Time and he helped put together a great music video for it. Adrian Vandenberg of Whitesnake also takes lead guitar.
Also, Lost Children Of The Universe is based on the movie Interstellar and features the Hellscore metal choir, Tony Martin, Roy Khan, and an amazing lengthy guitar solo by Steve Vai. (also, the introductory credits in the video are designed like the Superman movie intro which is just cool)
Heh - the first one is epic. (Especially around 4:08 - I love the beat there, going forward). I am disappointed that we don't see who the two "bar maids" are when they're named. :D
The Beethoven was probably my favorite, because they kept doing air guitar. :lol:
For the second song, that beginning - I swear, I could literally see the opening of a remade Space III use that... but the Hellscore Choir is holy crap amazing.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Tawmis wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:34 pmI am disappointed that we don't see who the two "bar maids" are when they're named. :D
The credits lists the cast. But the two barmaids aren't actually singing on the track. The backup singers are Marcela Bovio (from Stream of Passion) and Irene Jansen (Floor's sister). I forgot to mention they sing backup vocals for the whole album.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:11 pm
Tawmis wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:34 pmI am disappointed that we don't see who the two "bar maids" are when they're named. :D
The credits lists the cast. But the two barmaids aren't actually singing on the track. The backup singers are Marcela Bovio (from Stream of Passion) and Irene Jansen (Floor's sister). I forgot to mention they sing backup vocals for the whole album.
Oh, I saw them in the credits - I meant when he's gathered all of them - and then it "montages" each of them with their name. :)

It would have been cool if one of the other members of the band (the guitarist, considering he's blond) played the opposite part of the singer, when they go back in time.

To really get the "Bill & Ted" vibe of the dynamic duo.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

With the sad passing of Jeff Beck, possibly the single most influential guitarist of them all. Almost every influential guitarist has said that they were most influenced by Beck, even Hendrix, Page, Gilmore, and Clapton.

01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

RIP, Jeff Beck.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:34 pm
MusicallyInspired wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:03 pm The title track is based on Bill & Ted and it freaking rocks and is a real earworm for me lately. Also different in this Star One album is the fact that instead of having the traditional set lineup of singers (Damian Wilson, Russell Allen, Floor Jansen, and Dan Swano), each song features its own lead singer including the aforementioned plus new singers. The second disc even includes alternate versions of songs with different singers. Brandon Yeagley sings on Revel In Time and he helped put together a great music video for it. Adrian Vandenberg of Whitesnake also takes lead guitar.
Heh - the first one is epic. (Especially around 4:08 - I love the beat there, going forward). I am disappointed that we don't see who the two "bar maids" are when they're named. :D
The Beethoven was probably my favorite, because they kept doing air guitar. :lol:
For the second song, that beginning - I swear, I could literally see the opening of a remade Space III use that... but the Hellscore Choir is holy crap amazing.
Yes, I did enjoy the first one ... very much. ;) Thank you, MI. :)

The cast list threw me off a little -- I recognised the name right at the bottom: Jim West.

Wait a minute. THE Jim West? As in the legendary Jim "Kimo" West? :D

I don't think I saw him. Where was he? Now I'm curious! :)
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

The cast list is just the actors for the video. Definitely not that Jim West.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Collector wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:39 pm With the sad passing of Jeff Beck, possibly the single most influential guitarist of them all. Almost every influential guitarist has said that they were most influenced by Beck, even Hendrix, Page, Gilmore, and Clapton.

If it weren't for Beck's record company there would have been a Zappa + Beck collaboration album, how amazing would that be?
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”