Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Talk about anything you want here
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yay! It's the end of the year, and we can all take a break from work! :D

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season, and a superb new year. Stay safe, everyone. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post by Tawmis »

Well, 9 or so more days, depending on time zone (and when this is read) - but yes. I took vacation until the 2nd.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Yay! Weekend and then a one-day work week! (of course I know I'll have to pay for it the week afterwards...
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Happy new year to you all! :) Hope you had fun ringing in the new year.

I work in healthcare, so after work I was too knackered to go out. But I got two tickets to this event ...

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I probably spent more time than it was worth... but Happy New Years everyone!

Attachments
Image60.png
Click me to see the animated gif
Click me to see the animated gif
notbobsmith
Village Elder

Post by notbobsmith »

Happy New Year!

I love this. Looks like you got just about everyone. Nice use of the Orb ships. :)

Who is that in the director's chair?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:11 pm Who is that in the director's chair?
Roberta, from LSL3 at the end. Larry and Patti fall through a "vortex" and land at Sierra.

And go across several "movie" sets - which are the games - including PQ and KQ, where Rosella is climbing the Whale's Tongue - and Roberta is sitting in the director's chair.

I reused the car from PQ1 in the hole. Because it was a great place to put Sonny (and Gabe, and by proxy then, Laura). And have the Manhunter walking away from the scene. :D
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Happy new year everyone!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

This is great, Tawm. Love it. :D

I only don't recognise some characters ...

1. On the extreme left, I can see King Arthur. But who is he talking to? And who is that kid behind him?

2. In the middle (just outside the Sierra entrance), I can see King Graham c. KQ1. But who is he talking to?

3. There's someone sitting on the bench, and it's very familiar, but I can't place it. Is that Leisure Suit Larry relaxing (in LSL2 or 3 or thereabouts)?

speaking of Larry, it looks like he lost his "special friend" from LSL1. :P (Not far from the Orb ships). ;)

Oh, and by the way -- is Sonny a giant now? He looks bigger than the green car! :shock:

Oh, and by another way (sorry, I can't shut up :P) -- I just noticed Cedric the King's Quest owl, perching on the building. Nice! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm This is great, Tawm. Love it. :D
I only don't recognise some characters ...
1. On the extreme left, I can see King Arthur. But who is he talking to? And who is that kid behind him?
He is talking to Robin Hood. The kid behind him is from EcoQuest.
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm 2. In the middle (just outside the Sierra entrance), I can see King Graham c. KQ1. But who is he talking to?
His beloved wife - from KQ2. I used all the KQ1, KQ2 and KQ3 references for Graham, Valanice, and Gwydeon/Alexander. (And well, Rosella from KQ4, rather than the later games, because they're much easier to photoshop out of images in 16 colors vs 16 million) :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm 3. There's someone sitting on the bench, and it's very familiar, but I can't place it. Is that Leisure Suit Larry relaxing (in LSL2 or 3 or thereabouts)?
He's the main character from Codename: Iceman (from the opening scene of the game).
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm speaking of Larry, it looks like he lost his "special friend" from LSL1. :P (Not far from the Orb ships). ;)
Probably my favorite part of doing this was - having that "Ah ha! I should have her floating up with the orbs!"
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm Oh, and by the way -- is Sonny a giant now? He looks bigger than the green car! :shock:
It was more of trying to make the car fit in the hole. :D I'd already put Sonny there before the car. :D
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm Oh, and by another way (sorry, I can't shut up :P) -- I just noticed Cedric the King's Quest owl, perching on the building. Nice! :)
Yup! He's easier to see in the still image.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Tawmis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:05 pm He is talking to Robin Hood. The kid behind him is from EcoQuest.

He's the main character from Codename: Iceman (from the opening scene of the game).
Ah! No wonder I didn't recognise Robin Hood. His green clothes make him almost impossible to recognise against the green trees.

No wonder I couldn't recognise the kid from EQ and the guy from Iceman. Never played either.
Tawmis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:05 pm
Rath Darkblade wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm speaking of Larry, it looks like he lost his "special friend" from LSL1. :P (Not far from the Orb ships). ;)
Probably my favorite part of doing this was - having that "Ah ha! I should have her floating up with the orbs!"
It's very funny. :D

The only thing that might make all this funnier is including Sgt. Dooley (from PQ1) and the chicken. Or the bore from Lefty's in LSL1 telling Larry a boring old joke (though that might get lost among all the other details). ;) But I appreciate all the hard work you put into this, and obviously not everything can be included.

I'm also glad to see the QfG1 Hero getting a mention. :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:31 am I'm also glad to see the QfG1 Hero getting a mention. :)
Yeah many of the characters are paired intentionally.

The Hero is speaking to Taran from Black Cauldron (if you've read the Chronicles of Pyrdan, in those early books, Taran just wants to be this hero...) So who better to talk to?

Roger is with the Robot he gets from SQ. Larry is hitting on Rosella is a symbol of my love for Rosella. :lol: (And KQ4)

Laura Bow is hanging out with Gabe, who is near the accident, putting him next to Sonny (similar to how he was next to Mosely).

The Manhunter guy is walking away from the scene, because it seemed like the Manhunter kind of thing to do.

Robin Hood is intentionally well hidden in the woods (also his character is super pixelated) so he's talking to fellow Conquest of Camelot. EcoQuest kid is standing close to nature. Codename: Iceman is on the lawn observing (similar to how he was in the intro).

So on and so on.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

On the other hand, Col. Dijon and Cedric are on their own. (Awww). :(

Is that because someone wants to kill Col. Dijon, and lots of KQ fans hate Cedric? :lol:
Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:23 pm Laura Bow is hanging out with Gabe, who is near the accident, putting him next to Sonny (similar to how he was next to Mosely).
And I thought Laura was flirting with Gabe. :lol: Oh well. Gabe strikes out! :D

(Though that'd be funnier if it was Larry) ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Rath Darkblade wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:35 pm On the other hand, Col. Dijon and Cedric are on their own. (Awww). :(

Is that because someone wants to kill Col. Dijon, and lots of KQ fans hate Cedric? :lol:
Tawmis wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:23 pm Laura Bow is hanging out with Gabe, who is near the accident, putting him next to Sonny (similar to how he was next to Mosely).
And I thought Laura was flirting with Gabe. :lol: Oh well. Gabe strikes out! :D

(Though that'd be funnier if it was Larry) ;)
Well Cedric is watching from a perched position - as he often did in KQ5.
Gabe would certainly flirt with Laura, not sure it'd go the other way.

And Larry was fitting with Rosella - because she cuts his hair in one of the LSL games. :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Yes, Laura would probably tell Gabe to "knock it off, buster!" ;)

IIRC, Rosella gave Larry a haircut in the airport in LSL2. :D

That leaves Col. Dijon all on his lonesome own. Too bad. Maybe he might appreciate the company of Fifi, the French maid? (I know she doesn't hang around with him, but at least she wheels him into and out of places. ;) Come to think of it, of all the LB1 characters, I don't think we ever see Dijon in a tete-a-tete with anyone. How sad!) *shrug*

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”