Choose Your Own Adventure.

Talk about anything you want here
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Choose Your Own Adventure.

Post by Tawmis »

That was the most common name. I had a few (like Cave of Time). But my main one was in Endless Quest, which was the TSR/D&D version. But I also discovered they did Tolkien versions too!

Anyway, it got me down a rabbit hole... and I started watching Youtube videos about it...

Like how to create one...

And this guy used a free app called Twine, to help keep it straight...

notbobsmith
Village Elder

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure.

Post by notbobsmith »

I loved these. For some reason, the one I remember most is "Volcano!" I wonder if maybe I owned that one and the rest were from the school library.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I still have an RPG spin on those, called "Fighting Fantasy". I'm not sure if anyone here remembers those?

Now I'm picturing Dmitri Ivanov (the Burgomeister from Quest for Glory 4) telling me to "Choose Your Own Adwenture", for some reason ... ;)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

notbobsmith wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:14 am I loved these. For some reason, the one I remember most is "Volcano!" I wonder if maybe I owned that one and the rest were from the school library.
I remember, back when I grew up, these things were in the library like crazy. So I know I read a bunch of them there. I ended up owning a few. I wish I'd kept them!
Rath Darkblade wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:33 am I still have an RPG spin on those, called "Fighting Fantasy". I'm not sure if anyone here remembers those?
Now I'm picturing Dmitri Ivanov (the Burgomeister from Quest for Glory 4) telling me to "Choose Your Own Adwenture", for some reason ... ;)
Yeah, you mentioned the "Fighting Fantasy" (probably in the RPG thread?) - and I don't recall every hearing of it.
I just remember the "Endless Quest" spin off, which was TSR (D&D's) spin. Which I still have like 20 of those books.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I love those, I only had so few of them as a youngster, which is a bit of a shame. Thanks for sharing! I may try my hand at one of them.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:54 am I love those, I only had so few of them as a youngster, which is a bit of a shame. Thanks for sharing! I may try my hand at one of them.
That'd be excellent. I'd love to give it a read if you do.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”