The main prob I have with GK3...

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

The main prob I have with GK3...

Post by SierraDude81 »

I just recently begun playing Gabriel Knight 3 for the first time, and it seems to be shaping up to be a great game, I'm only in the 2nd block of day 2. Maybe things will change as the game goes on, but I feel that Tim Curry's performance as Gabriel Knight isn't on par with his great performance in the first game. It just seems like he's reading his lines with little effort, almost as if he's saying "Well, at least I'm getting paid for this". I'm sure the new corporate environment around Sierra at the time played a part in this, I could tell from his interview for the first game that he genuinely enjoyed himself, which is most likely one of the reasons he agreed to return.
The Procestuousity begins here!
BBP
Village Elder

Re: The main prob I have with GK3...

Post by BBP »

In Jane Jensen's online Designer Diary (http://gabrielknight.bravehost.com/Inte ... es_05.html)
she says she believes Tim Curry nailed them all.
I liked his sarcastic tone when I first heard it, but after playing GK1 a lot I switched to GK3 again, and then I had to get used to it again. He still does a good job. If you want to hear something REAL bad that's Curry-related, listen to the voice-over acting by Robert Rothrock in Frankenstein: Through The Eyes Of The Monster.

Maybe it's a case that these lines just sounded great on their own, but not so good when put in context with the game. I have those issues with Abbé Arnaud (though I adored Gregg Berger as Cornfed in Duckman), Lily Howard and John Wilkes, I thought they were WAY overdone, and in case of the Abbé and Wilkes, just a bad accent.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: The main prob I have with GK3...

Post by Tawmis »

I think once Mosely comes around... you will be more used to the GK from GK1. Also in GK3, he does not interact with too many characters that he can be his sarcastic self about... he's far more... private eye type in this game.

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”