Gabriel Knight 3 Optional Subplots

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Gabriel Knight 3 Optional Subplots

Post by SierraDude81 »

Well, I just finished Gabriel Knight 3 with an almost embarassingly low final score, and I read that this is due to alot of easy to miss subplots threaded throughout the chapters that the game doesn't clue you in on, alot of it is stumbling in the right area at the right time...well, I really don't want to have to consult a walkthrough and spoil things entirely, so would anyone be willing to give me some hints on these subplots for my next go around.

I have to say that overall, I'd say, storywise the Gabriel Knight Series is in my opinion the best Sierra produced, and GK3 has the best storyline I think. It really makes one think, and as a catholic, none of it offended me, it's all myths and theories, I never saw or read the Da Vinci Code, but I hear they have alot in common, which to me, would be like taking the "facts" in the Indiana Jones movies seriously. I also found the origins of the shattenjagers very surprising.

I really hope Jane Jenson at least gets publishing rights so we can have Gabriel Knight 4 in novel form at least! That cliffhanger was just too damn open!

BTW....**spoiler** I'm partially disappointed that Madaline wasn't a vampire afterall

And wow, Billy West really impressed me as Baza, I had no idea it was him!
The Procestuousity begins here!
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Optional Subplots

Post by AndreaDraco »

The best way to get a hold of the various subplots is to do the following, at least in my opinion.

At the beginning of each time block - and every time you hear the clock ringing in the middle of the chapter - try and make a map of the various characters (who's where and doing what) and follow from there. Also, if you find that a character is running through the valley on his moped, always follow him/her from Chateau de Blanchefort.

I did this way and I achieved a full score, but be warned: there are certain points in the game that can be fairly tricky if you want a perfect score.

In Day 2, 2 - 5 PM, Gabriel has a five minutes window where you must eavesdrop on Madeleine, eavesdrop on Lady Howard, talk to Wilkes and register Buchelli's conversation over the phone. If you do things in this order and you are quite quick, you will be able to do them all.

In the same time block, be sure to 'think' not only about Price James' dead bodies but about their faces too. And, when you begin to talk to Mosely, you must select the 'Vampire' icon as your first one
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
BBP
Village Elder

Re: Gabriel Knight 3 Optional Subplots

Post by BBP »

That bit you mention in the spoilers: I did that on my first go (and without aid of walkthroughs too!), but I wasted a lot of time before it.
with eavesdropping on other rooms...
It seems easy enough to me, except you should NEVER use the escape button in it, as soon as I did that because I couldn't take hearing the same dialog (by a certain actress) again, I messed up.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”