Does anyone know anything about...

Not finding any Glory in this whole Quest for Glory bit? Need a hint? Or just want to discuss Quest for Glory - this is the place to do it!
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Does anyone know anything about...

Post by SierraDude81 »

Hex editing? I've been reading about it, and it seems very complicated, yet fun...can it be used to manipulate my stats in Quest for Glory 3?
The Procestuousity begins here!
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Does anyone know anything about...

Post by DeadPoolX »

"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I wish I could remember the name of the software I remember using back in the day. It rain in memory and what you'd do is press the ~ key and it open the program. You'd put in a stat (say your strength is 13) and when it changed to 14, you hit the ~ key again and put in 14 - and it'd search the HEX code to see where a 13 changed to a 14.

And with QFG it was great because you can add and subtract stats right when you build your character - so you do this with each stat (put it whatever it was), add 5 points - and hit the key - and see where it changed. And change it to like 100 and do this with each stat.

It did all the HEX editing find/search for you.
SierraDude81
Sierra Lover

Post by SierraDude81 »

Tawmis wrote:I wish I could remember the name of the software I remember using back in the day. It rain in memory and what you'd do is press the ~ key and it open the program. You'd put in a stat (say your strength is 13) and when it changed to 14, you hit the ~ key again and put in 14 - and it'd search the HEX code to see where a 13 changed to a 14.

And with QFG it was great because you can add and subtract stats right when you build your character - so you do this with each stat (put it whatever it was), add 5 points - and hit the key - and see where it changed. And change it to like 100 and do this with each stat.

It did all the HEX editing find/search for you.
That program would be PERFECT for my stat editing experimentation! T'is a shame you can't recall the name, I'll do some research and see if I find it
The Procestuousity begins here!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

You would need some older DOS program that was a TSR so you could run it in DOSBox with the game.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “The Quest for Glory Series”