(My brain is too tired to remember what that's called...)
I can't get mirage out of my head haahhahaha
EDIT: Oasis
NoRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Thu May 29, 2025 5:43 amOh. Then you're not on the screens that contain Merv the Griffin, the Dervish, or Al Scurva (Ad Avis's pupil) ... or the healer-tree (that gives you the fruit).notbobsmith wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 11:52 pmNoRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Wed May 28, 2025 5:45 am Hmm ... does the hero need to be on your screen to complete a quest (or side-quest)?
But you're in the desert area. Hmm.
Are you a monster?![]()
No
NoRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sat May 31, 2025 2:25 am Oh, come on.
In the desert, but not an interesting-shaped rock. Not the sun. The hero doesn't need to be on your screen to complete any quests (or side-quests). Not a monster, or an Easter Egg.
There's nothing left!!
Are you one of the rocks that the hero picks up and throws?![]()
No
NoRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 9:03 amNBS said he can be found in the desert. And that's why I'm confused.
Are you up in the sky? (Ever so high?)![]()
... this is a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.notbobsmith wrote: ↑Fri May 16, 2025 12:43 am Okay. Guess away.
Hey, what did I miss?
I was between assignments
I am full of gas
Why does this remind me so much of this classic film? (Hands up if you've seen it, or heard of it!) *sticks hand up*

I think you may be right, but I'll be damned if I know how the "I was between assignments" line fits in ... unless it has something to do with the hero beating everyone up. (Because he does it between saving Shapier and saving Rasier? But that sounds like a long shot).
He said something like, "I am going to say yes" As in, "Yes, because it's amid the desert scene..."Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am I think you may be right, but I'll be damned if I know how the "I was between assignments" line fits in ... unless it has something to do with the hero beating everyone up. (Because he does it between saving Shapier and saving Rasier? But that sounds like a long shot).
Also, NBS said that he is in the desert area ... and the Intermission Sign doesn't happen in the desert. It doesn't happen anywhere. There's no backdrop (like Shapier, or desert, etc.) for it. It's just a bit of goofiness the Coles threw in.![]()
That is exactly why I asked if it was an Easter Egg - because my thought was it could be that.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am If the Intermission Sign happens in the desert, then so (arguably) does the USS Enterprise, because it flies over the mountains, which are in the desert.![]()
There's one more thing I can think of, potentially....Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am But I can't think of anything else ... except ... wait-a-minute. Are you the huge pile of brigands-on-sauruses (saurii?) that the hero stands on while claiming victory?![]()
NoRath Darkblade wrote: ↑Mon Jun 02, 2025 5:59 am But I can't think of anything else ... except ... wait-a-minute. Are you the huge pile of brigands-on-sauruses (saurii?) that the hero stands on while claiming victory?![]()
Ummmm.... not quite.Tawmis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 01, 2025 11:47 pm... this is a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.notbobsmith wrote: ↑Fri May 16, 2025 12:43 am Okay. Guess away.
Hey, what did I miss?
I was between assignments
I am full of gas
So you said it makes sense in another game. Which can be this item could be used in another game, or that it doesn't fit this game.
They "Hey, what did I miss?"
Makes me think of something...
But I can't piece the next two clues into it?
But the "What did I miss?"
Reminds me when you step out during a movie (to pee... or poop... maybe that's the gas?...)
And come back and whisper, "Hey, what did I miss?"
So... are you the Intermission sign?
https://sierrachest.com/gfx/games/QFG2/ss/117.png
I've no idea, so feel free to guess.Rath Darkblade wrote: ↑Tue Jun 03, 2025 8:59 am Aha ... I think I know now what you are (even though I'm not sure how the clues fit in). But Tawm did the hard work with that wild guess, so I'll let him guess.![]()