What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by DeadPoolX »

I've recently discovered something very interesting. I can apprently start and play Batman: Arkham Asylum WITHOUT starting Steam and no crack is required at all. Since I bought B:AA on Steam, I thought I'd need it running in order to play.

I still need to remain logged in to "Games For Windows Live," but I can play without Steam. I don't really care if I'm logged into Steam or not, but I found this discovery pretty interesting.

In case anyone is wondering how to do this, here's how:

The normal path for B:AA (from Steam) is "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 35010"

Instead of launching that, go into "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum\Binaries" where you'll find a file called "BmStartApp.exe" and double-click it. That's all you need to do.

I remember Fallout 3 had a similar trick. You could get around the CD check if you used the F3 executable file instead of the launcher. That's preferable to downloading and using a CD crack.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

After finishing Dragon Age with my rather disappointing ending and after completing Phantasmagoria for the first and last time, I think I need something a little more light-hearted.

I just picked up Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 1-5. :D
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I'm playing the 3rd Runaway game! :) I only just got it this afternoon and, so far, it rawks my sawks. :P
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I'm taking a short break from Dragon Age, so I've started playing GK1. I haven't played that game since 1994. I almost finished it back then, but I had some sort of hard drive issue and lost all of my saved games.

I plan on going back to DA, but after just finishing Orzammar... well, I need something different for a while. :P
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

DeadPoolX wrote:I plan on going back to DA, but after just finishing Orzammar... well, I need something different for a while. :P
Understandable ;)

Enjoy GK1!
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Currently playing Flatout 2, racing and demolishing other cars, great way to release some stress :).
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I just started replaying one of my all-time favorite Adventure games: Full Throttle.

I haven't played FT in years. In fact, the last time I played it was in 1994 (the same year it was released). I've also installed The Dig. I never got around to playing that, but my brother really enjoyed it, so I figure I'll give it a whirl.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I recently did a job for Himalaya Studios (can't talk about it yet, nothing really special, though) and part of my compensation was a free copy of Al Emmo Collector's Edition. So I'll be playing that soon I guess. Nice to get it for free! And the bonus soundtrack CD is nice, too.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
envisge0ne
Sierra Veteran

Post by envisge0ne »

I generally play a lot of emulated games. I have emulators for the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube and, of course, MAME. I just love the classics a lot more than the newer games/consoles that have come out. I also, of course, have just about every sierra game that has ever come out. And I really can't thank the people here enough for helping make those classics playable on modern computers. I just wish I hadn't thrown away all the boxes I had. I owned just about all the games from Sierra when I was a kid. It would have been a really nice collection to show off *sigh*.
El Ravager
Sierra Obsessed

Post by El Ravager »

I haven't played an adventure game for several years, due the intensity of life of late. But I recently panicked when I realized a few of my old Sierra CDs have been damaged by the ravages of time, so as to become unplayable. That being the case, I deemed it necessary to compile a backup collection of all my old adventure games. This has rekindled the old passion for pixelated point-and-click goodness, so I've embarked upon another Quest for Glory marathon, this time as a thief (which is probably the most underplayed QfG class for me). About halfway through QfG1VGA at present...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Yeegads! Is this the same El Rav from the old Sierra forums?!?!?
:lol:
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

Welcome, El Rav!
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

El Ravager
Sierra Obsessed

Post by El Ravager »

*waves cheerfully* The one and only! (Was it the screenname in connection with a Legolas avatar that tipped you off, or the propensity to end my sentences in "..."? ;) ) I was both surprised and exceedingly pleased to see so many familiar faces over in this corner of the intraweb. If I'd known everyone had migrated over here, I'd have shown up sooner! :)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

El Ravager wrote:*waves cheerfully* The one and only! (Was it the screenname in connection with a Legolas avatar that tipped you off, or the propensity to end my sentences in "..."? ;) ) I was both surprised and exceedingly pleased to see so many familiar faces over in this corner of the intraweb. If I'd known everyone had migrated over here, I'd have shown up sooner! :)
The name first... which then connected me to the avatar you used to use...

Though on here I wear a different mask than I wore on the original Sierra forums... (used to go by Vaprakgruumsh (not that I expect to be remembered with a name like that!)... You can see why I no longer go by that name, entirely too long to type... and was from back in the days when I played the original EverQuest game!)... but when Viv revamped their forums, I signed on as Tawmis, but hardly ever posted once they changed their forum (too slow, too many errors, etc)... Collector made the original SHP off my personal site, then the monster grew too big and needed it's own site... so he dragged me over to kick start the forums... basically because I run my mouth a lot... (see?)

:lol:
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

So... El Ravager's discs have been damaged by the ravages of time, eh? I like it! :P

I've almost finished Dragon Age. All I have left is to fight the Archdemon, which probably entails battling numerous minions before getting to him.

I'd also forgotten how frustrating the action sequences were in Full Throttle. You guys all know I like action and combat, but older Adventure games simply didn't implement it well. At least it's a LucasArts game so it's more forgiving than Sierra's titles.

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”