Your favorite Phantasmagoria and why?

Feeling like you're being haunted? Well, if you look in here, you may find (or at least post for some help!) the answers you're looking for - for the Phantasmagoria games!
BBP
Village Elder

Re: Your favorite Phantasmagoria and why?

Post by BBP »

Try second-hand stores and flea markets. I often (= always) buy my old games from there, sometimes for less than a dollar. There are a lot of people who don't know how much old games are worth to some.
I also have a spare Phantas copy I paid 1 euro for, if you'd like to have it you can.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

I'm not really desperate to have the game, so it's not a priority for me right now. Plus, I have a number of other games on the go at the moment. It's more one of those things that I might grab if I came across it, but I'm not too worried about it.

However, thanks for the help/suggestions. :) I appreciate how helpful people are here.
"I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept."
--The Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maiandra wrote:I'm not really desperate to have the game, so it's not a priority for me right now. Plus, I have a number of other games on the go at the moment. It's more one of those things that I might grab if I came across it, but I'm not too worried about it.

However, thanks for the help/suggestions. :) I appreciate how helpful people are here.
Aw crap. If I had known you wanted to play it, I could've brought it up with me. It's still at my dad's house, so I could always get him to ship it up to us.

Hey... wait a minute. Why am I responding to Maia on a message board? I could just go tell her in person. :lol:
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

DeadPoolX wrote:Hey... wait a minute. Why am I responding to Maia on a message board? I could just go tell her in person. :lol:
It keeps the rest of us in the loop?
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

After buying Phantas1 off of GOG, I'm finally getting a chance to play it as a mature person (lol yeah).

I have to say that the storyline is fantastic, and I can completely see it as a b horror movie. I just got to chapter 5, and I'm loving it so far.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Shakar
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Shakar »

Definitely Phantasmagoria 1. I always base my love for games off the story. Yes, the quality in graphics and sound weren't that great in the first one, but the story sucked me in. And scared me shitless! And I don't get scared easily. Some parts are predictable, but it didn't make you love the story less. You wanted to continue till the very end. I also loved that the protagonist was a woman. I felt a connection with Adrienne (though girl how could you NOT connect the dots sooner? lol).

Phantasmagoria 2 was just....silly. The story was all over the place. I didn't feel much for the characters. Except for his guy friend who was cool. And I forgot his name. Tells you how much I have played it. *snort*I found the S&M to be quite hilarious. It's entertaining if you want something weird, but replay value lacks IMO. I remember the promise of a sequel and was hoping we would follow Adrienne in another adventure, but I was sadly wrong. Disappointed.
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

I didn't really like the first game and I never played the second. Technically I didn't play the first game, but I kept lingering around and helped my sister with it. She had trouble winning the final sequence, so I kept trying it for her. It seemed like it was bugged, but eventually the bugs worked out for us because it magically acted like I won. I did get some good jokes out of the game, and the over the top violence was amusing.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Maxor127 wrote:I didn't really like the first game and I never played the second. Technically I didn't play the first game, but I kept lingering around and helped my sister with it. She had trouble winning the final sequence, so I kept trying it for her. It seemed like it was bugged, but eventually the bugs worked out for us because it magically acted like I won. I did get some good jokes out of the game, and the over the top violence was amusing.
If you have not played it from the start (the first one - the second one can go suck an egg), you're robbing yourself of an entertaining and creepy game.
Shakar
Sierra Enthusiast

Post by Shakar »

Yeah you should give it a chance before judging because of a bug. Thanks to the genius of Collector, you can use the DOSBox installer and mostly have no issues with gameplay :)

Return to “The Phantasmagoria Games”