What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by DeadPoolX »

Damn, I wish Garry's Mod (aka GMod) didn't take so long to load. I realize that's partly my fault since I've added tons of extra content. However, that's the purpose of the program.

Of course... sometimes the load time is worth it. Where else can you have Samus Aran, Commander Shepard, Robocop, and Batman in a fight against a T-Rex in Best Buy? :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

I wasn't the biggest fan of the original "Uncharted" (mostly because it felt like a rehashed Tomb Raider plot stringed together with an endless series of annoying gun-fights,) but having just finished "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves," I'm willing to give the series a thumbs up. The story is a lot better written, with more twists, humor, and scripted action than the first, giving it an authentic movie feel. And the major action sequences - holy smokes, are they fun. I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare involved with creating the train sequences. I played it on easy, so I can't complain about the difficulty, but the developers deserve some thanks for including a lock-on feature so I'm not spending the whole game adjusting my aim and waiting for people to walk into my crosshairs. The game's definitely worth checking out.
gumby
Oldbie

Post by gumby »

I'm playing the 'New Super Mario Bros' on the Wii, but I'll only play with help (two or more players). I just don't have the patience to get through it by myself.

Also play-testing point-and-click remake of 'The Black Cauldron'.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

gumby wrote: Also play-testing point-and-click remake of 'The Black Cauldron'.
O RLY?

With updated graphics?
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

gumby wrote:I'm playing the 'New Super Mario Bros' on the Wii, but I'll only play with help (two or more players). I just don't have the patience to get through it by myself.

Also play-testing point-and-click remake of 'The Black Cauldron'.
I've heard the new SMB is really difficult. Just how tough is it? Maia and I like co-op games, but some games are simply too aggravating to play.
Tawmis wrote:
gumby wrote: Also play-testing point-and-click remake of 'The Black Cauldron'.
O RLY?

With updated graphics?
I have to imagine a remake would include updated graphics. Simply taking the original version and adding in a point-and-click interface seems silly if they don't update anything else.
gumby
Oldbie

Post by gumby »

Black Cauldron - No, graphics are not updated - ported over from the original. The emphasis is improving the playability of the game. Hopefully will be released in the next few weeks. The project is hosted over at http://www.sciprogramming.com

New SMB - it's so difficult that I don't have the patience to play it without team-play, which in my opinion makes it bearable (and fun). Infinite continues, one player dies in the level & comes back (within 30 secs or so) as long as the other player doesn't kick the bucket first. For casual gamers it's perfect - you can sit down, pass 4-5 levels and save (when you pass a castle level - just like in SMW).
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

gumby wrote:Black Cauldron - No, graphics are not updated - ported over from the original. The emphasis is improving the playability of the game. Hopefully will be released in the next few weeks. The project is hosted over at http://www.sciprogramming.com
Playability or not, it still seems odd to me that someone would update the game with a P&C interface and keep the original graphics. :?
gumby wrote:New SMB - it's so difficult that I don't have the patience to play it without team-play, which in my opinion makes it bearable (and fun). Infinite continues, one player dies in the level & comes back (within 30 secs or so) as long as the other player doesn't kick the bucket first. For casual gamers it's perfect - you can sit down, pass 4-5 levels and save (when you pass a castle level - just like in SMW).
Seems like a lesson in frustration to me. I think we'll hold off on this one (at least until the price goes WAY down at some point).
gumby
Oldbie

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:Black Cauldron - No, graphics are not updated - ported over from the original. The emphasis is improving the playability of the game. Hopefully will be released in the next few weeks. The project is hosted over at http://www.sciprogramming.com
Ah, the testing is complete! Anyone interested just head on over a download a copy!
JasefWisener
Third in Line

Post by JasefWisener »

After owning it since the month that it was released, I finally 100% completed Majora's Mask.
"I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and keep trying to do good and so are you and nobody gets to vote on that."
- Justin McElroy, My Brother, My Brother, and Me
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

The 11th Hour.

When I installed it on Dino, it would only run in black and white. I'm seeing it in colour for the first time now.
Talk about CHEESE! At least the black & white version looks slightly classy.
Not that I thought of it as a good game initially: that chase with cryptic clues was near impossible for me. And it has hiccups, and those cursed lengthy animations that kill games...
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

Somehow I missed that this thread exists! I guess this is where I should have said that I finished KQIV (AGI) and am embarking on KQV ... :)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Got an error message when I was almost done with the beehive in 11th Hour and was chucked out of the game. Started again, completed Beehive, watched the miraculous plot twist, and was thrown out again.
Looked at the Official Strategy Guide, saw I still had Pente and the music room and 4 Across ahead, to be treated to a lame ending afterwards... chucked it off.

And now? Off to Shivers!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

Playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra on my Vista 64 machine. It took a little tweaking, but it's working great.
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

dotkel50 wrote:Playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra on my Vista 64 machine. It took a little tweaking, but it's working great.
Awesome games! Takes a while to complete though, but that's part of the challenge ;).

Currently playing/recording Ecoquest 1.
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

dotkel50 wrote:Playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra on my Vista 64 machine. It took a little tweaking, but it's working great.
Why don't you post what you had to do in the Impressions forum? Others might find it useful.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”