Favorite Third In A Series (From Those That Began With AGI!)

Talk about anything you want here

Leisure Suit Larry II (Champ from Poll #2)
6%
King's Quest III
25%
Leisure Suit Larry III
6%
Police Quest III
6%
Space Quest III
56%

Total votes: 16

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Poll 2 is done (but feel free to continue to vote/comment) with the winner sliding in as Leisure Suit Larry II! Now LSL2 will battle it out with the newcomers of this round! (The first Poll is over here in the event you're interested)!

Once ye cast yer vote, that's it - no changing it! (We have it disabled! BWHAHAHAH!)

Choose your destiny...

Or your favorite.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Re: Favorite Third In A Series (From Those That Began With A

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Gotta go with Space Quest again.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Gotta go with Space Quest again.
I agree with you on this one. SQ3 was one of the more awesomest Sierra games - ever. Probably one of the Sierra games I have replayed the most, actually.
audiodane
A Member Of Cap'n Tawmis' Scurvy Crew

Post by audiodane »

sq3...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Check THAT out... Someone voted for LSL2! Could the Poll #2 Champ have a chance? Could it?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Probably not, but he deserves a bit of support... Go Larry!! (waves home-knitted Larry flag)
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Despite the stupid "touch-the-metal-and-get-your-hand-hacked-off" crap in the beginning, I'm voting for SQ3. :)
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I expect I will be the only one to vote for King's Quest III.

Wait! Put down the torches and let me explain. I've always said that, beside the obvious KQVI, KQIII is my favorite installment of the series and I can sum up my reasons in three points:

1. Manannan didn't bother me at all. Quite the contrary in fact. I liked the timed sequence and the suspense than came with it. Every time I replay the game, the sense of impending danger is palpable and the game does a great job in always keeping you on the edge of your seat.

2. After you get ride of Manannan, the game world opens up and you get to visit many interesting locations, travel by sea to Daventry, wander through its forest and confront a dragon. On the whole, the adventure feels very rich and diverse and that's definitely a plus.

3. Even if I didn't play the game back when it was released, the discovery of the protagonist's true heritage still surprised me. But what I like the most about how the story was structured is that the whole adventure feels like a coming-of-age tale or, to use the proper literary definition, a Bildungsroman. It's not a mystery that Alexander is my favorite character of the series, but perhaps you don't know that it was so even before KQVI, thanks to this adventure.

With that being said, PQIII comes as a close second and LSLIII, as I said before, is definitely the best one in its series. On the other hand, SQIII ranks amongst my least favorite adventures mainly because the plot felt disjointed to me and because of Astro Chicken -- yes, you read it right. I hate Astro Chicken! :D
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

AndreaDraco wrote: I expect I will be the only one to vote for King's Quest III.
Wait! Put down the torches and let me explain. I've always said that, beside the obvious KQVI, KQIII is my favorite installment of the series and I can sum up my reasons in three points:
I loved KQ3... except for the Wizard. I thought it was a great game! Just... I liked SQ3 more... and PQ3 more... and LSL2 more... but I really did like KQ3! I thought it had some good twists!
AndreaDraco wrote: 1. Manannan didn't bother me at all.
You're a sick $%#!. You know that? :lol:
AndreaDraco wrote: Quite the contrary in fact. I liked the timed sequence and the suspense than came with it. Every time I replay the game, the sense of impending danger is palpable and the game does a great job in always keeping you on the edge of your seat.
Yes... but back before the days of the internet, and having played KQ, SQ, LSL (all of them out at that time) - it was you pick up things and use them later... there was never a need to HIDE things. Do you know how long my friend and I tried to figure that out? I mean, sure common sense NOW says to hide it... but back then it was illogical to do! I think that may have been the first time, we gave up and called the hint line (a long distance call back then!) Once we had that down, the Wizard wasn't much of a problem - except for randomly popping up and telling us what to do.
AndreaDraco wrote: 2. After you get ride of Manannan, the game world opens up and you get to visit many interesting locations, travel by sea to Daventry, wander through its forest and confront a dragon. On the whole, the adventure feels very rich and diverse and that's definitely a plus.
I agree, the hugeness of how big KQ3 feels was one of the main reasons I loved it so much.
AndreaDraco wrote: On the other hand, SQIII ranks amongst my least favorite adventures mainly because the plot felt disjointed to me
:shock:
Where's the BAN USER button?
jujigatame
Sierra Lover

Post by jujigatame »

Gotta go SQ3. My answer 15 years ago would have been PQ3 but I played it a couple of years ago and it hadn't aged all that well.
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

KQ3 is unique in that you encounter the antagonist at the beginning of the game, get rid of him, and THEN go on your adventure. It's amazing how it works so well, too.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Anothe vote for KQIII!

I want to know who voted it! Come forth, fellow adventurer! Step into the light! Let's crush this ridiculous SQ resistance!
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

I did. It is a tossup for me, so I went with the underdog.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

You know what they say about the great minds thinking alike...

:)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:Probably not, but he deserves a bit of support... Go Larry!! (waves home-knitted Larry flag)
Were you the LSL2 vote? :)

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”