What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by AndreaDraco »

I bought Alan Wake on Steam and I've been playing it for a couple of hours.

I like it. Very much. The atmosphere is incredible, very Lynch-like, and the writing is really top-notch.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
MusicallyInspired
Village Elder

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Not only that the PC is Portal 2's native platform, being a Valve game and all.
01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01010100 01001000 00110001
Maiandra
Oldbie

Post by Maiandra »

AndreaDraco wrote:I bought Alan Wake on Steam and I've been playing it for a couple of hours.

I like it. Very much. The atmosphere is incredible, very Lynch-like, and the writing is really top-notch.

Hmm. That sounds promising. I might have to look into that after I'm finished with Mass Effect 3.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maiandra wrote:
AndreaDraco wrote:I bought Alan Wake on Steam and I've been playing it for a couple of hours.

Hmm. That sounds promising. I might have to look into that after I'm finished with Mass Effect 3.
After checking around, I've found out it uses save points. No save-anywhere or even quicksave. Unless it autosaves every few minutes, I'm not interested. :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

DeadPoolX wrote: After checking around, I've found out it uses save points. No save-anywhere or even quicksave. Unless it autosaves every few minutes, I'm not interested. :P
You know I agree with you on this issue, and indeed at first I really missed saving whenever I wanted. However, the game is pretty smart and saves often, especially before and after a difficult fight.

As for the game itself, I've nearly completed Episode 3 (out of six total) and it keeps getting better. One of the best setting and story since Gabriel Knight 3 and coming from me that's a lot ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Playing GK2 to check back on the script, just finished the first chapter.

I still don't see what you all see in it, apparently. :?
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maia and I are alternating between Mass Effect 3 (multiplayer) and Trine 2 (co-op) right now.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and Alan Wake. Too little time...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I mentioned it in another thread, but currently my gaming time on the PC is consumed by Legend of Grimrock. Only on the third level and having so much fun!
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Blue Ice.
No I don't understand it. :?
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rudy
Village Elder

Post by Rudy »

Currently playing "3-D Ultra Pinball: Fastest Pinball in Space" to insert in the Chest. Not sure yet how I'm going to record it properly since I would like to fulfill all the challenges on every table. Recording that is one thing, recording it in one sweep... Guess I better continue practicing :D
Sierra Chest creator, Sierra collector/curator.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Tawmis wrote:I mentioned it in another thread, but currently my gaming time on the PC is consumed by Legend of Grimrock. Only on the third level and having so much fun!
Mine as well, I am at level 7. Some enemies are rather strong and you have to run/hit all the time, just to survive.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Gave up on Blue Ice, it's a wee bit too epileptic and I don't feel like doing another game with the walkthrough in my hand.
Started on GK3 and discovered the tower on the altar is an object; so I need to update my script and my website.
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Qbix wrote:
Tawmis wrote:I mentioned it in another thread, but currently my gaming time on the PC is consumed by Legend of Grimrock. Only on the third level and having so much fun!
Mine as well, I am at level 7. Some enemies are rather strong and you have to run/hit all the time, just to survive.
I don't know about Level 7 (only on Level 3, due to the vacation) - but a nice trick I did would be to run, and lure them to where there was a gate I could close on them. So fight them, till I needed to rest/heal - and just close the gate, rest, heal, open the gate - resume the fight!
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Being a big LOTR fan, I tried LOTR: War in the North. It was fun for a while, until I reached the Barrow-Downs... and while fighting the wights inside the barrows, I either died again and again and again, or the game crashed... and crashed again... and again... 5 friggin' times. :x

It's a fun game, but I wish it would stop CTDing. :( Does anyone have any ideas?

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”