[Masquerade Locked] Masquerade Post Who Is Behind The Mask?

"MASQ Of Eternity" is our traditional Halloween event. It's essentially a "Virtual Masquerade." Please see the FAQ in the forum.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: Masquerade Post - Who Is Behind The Mask?

Post by DeadPoolX »

AndreaDraco wrote:So far, no one guessed me correctly!
Same here. :P
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Expack3 »

Here's my Totally Random Guessing Thing of DOOM(c)!

Andrea: General Beckman
Dot: Skippy
DPX: Guybrush
Collector: Fox Mulder
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I guess people have stopped guessing, eh?
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I think so!

Everyone should openly reveal themselves now! :)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

And please elaborate a bit on the hints that you gave and whatever made you think who was who.
I was Calcifer. Been watching way too much Howl's Moving Castle lately. One major hint was I had posted my new wallpaper, a HMC screenshot, in the Wallpaper topic. I'd removed it just prior to the start of the Masquerade and hoped nobody else here knew or noticed it. In the Alphabet topic, I posted about the Mythbusters, Simpsons, Edward both as nod to last year's costume when I played Stephenie Meyer and because it's my father's name, Pirates ot Carribean because I can play the theme, Ursa Major because I love star-gazing and because it's also called The Plough, plough being the translation of my last name (If that sounds obscure, I used it in earlier masquerades too), and the whole L-bunch because I love llamas (a DeviantArt thing), Leisure Suit Larry, and some of you may recall the Live-Action Lemming animation I made a few months back.
From the phonetic English, I assumed Ermagherd Girl would be a native English speaker, and whatever it was that said "Jules" at the back of my head? Don't know. I pinned Datadog by his humour, Qbix I guessed for his brevity, Stuntology was a piece of luck, and I was absolutely sure Andrea was Loremaster because Loremaster posted little but eloquently, the Kubrick picture and of course because of the Book Of Life: whoever played him: good job, you got me confused! Anything else was just a bit of sliding names about.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

I was General Beckman from the TV series Chuck. Yeah, I played a different gender, so I think that's what threw everyone.

I was surprised Andrea didn't figure me out, seeing as he also liked Chuck.
Expack3
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Expack3 »

I was Loremaster. To be frank, I would've thought my writing style would've been noticed by someone...oh well. :D Believe it or not, Loremaster is a sort of self-made character I've been privately working on for my various fan-fiction works set in the Ben 10 universe. (All the stories are in my head, so they don't exist on any fan-fiction website.)
You like manuals. You like manuals. You love them. You cannot resist manuals.
Your gameplay experience is meaningless without manuals.
AndreaDraco
Village Elder

Post by AndreaDraco »

I was Fox Mulder. I poster very little, but I tried to give many clues in those few posts. Here they are:

1. Fox Mulder himself was a very revealing clue, since The X-Files is one of my favorite series of all time. And, just like Fox Mulder, I have an open attitude toward strange phenomena, as I explicitly stated in the ghost-related post that came up sometime ago.

2. The X-Files, which I choose for the letter x in the Alphabet Game, was another important clue, because, as many of you know, I'm interested in all things supernatural. Furthermore, as some of you may recall, I'm currently playing the World of Darkness RPG Hunter: the Vigil with my boyfriend and our friends. Hunter is, as one may guess, about monster-hunters... just like Mulder and Scully (and Gabriel Knight :D ).

3. I also mentioned Carpenter, a great director I really like, and Big Trouble in Little China, which is not only a very fine movie, but also another clue relating to the supernatural, so to speak.

4. Fox Mulder posted very little, reflecting how little I can post myself these days since beginning my specialization course and the internship.
Talk to coffee? Even Gabriel isn't that addicted!
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

I was monk and I guess my fondness for short answers was a big hint to BBP :)

I posted 3 hints if I recall correctly: Border, Imaginary and Ops, which relate to the location of my town (border Friesland, Groningen), Imaginary numbers are quite important in physics and Ops relates to IRC, which I use a lot to communicate. irc.freenode.net/DOSBox if you want to chat with me ;)

and to be completely honest I have an interest in most eastern things and the choice for Monk allowed me to browse various Zen quotes to my hearts content ;)

I guessed BBP correctly, mostly due to the way of writing. Although I must admit that for a very long time I assumed BBP was Ron. ((I wish I came up with that name. I watched that movie many many many times))

Loremaster!!! I didn't recognise your writing, but it was a great treat to read your posts!
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Qbix wrote: I guessed BBP correctly, mostly due to the way of writing. Although I must admit that for a very long time I assumed BBP was Ron. ((I wish I came up with that name. I watched that movie many many many times)
If you mean you saw Howl's Moving Castle many times, let's watch it together sometime!
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
dotkel50
Village Elder

Post by dotkel50 »

I was Guybrush.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

BBP wrote:
Qbix wrote: I guessed BBP correctly, mostly due to the way of writing. Although I must admit that for a very long time I assumed BBP was Ron. ((I wish I came up with that name. I watched that movie many many many times)
If you mean you saw Howl's Moving Castle many times, let's watch it together sometime!
Yes to both!
stuntology
Sierra Obsessed

Post by stuntology »

I was ChandlerBing (from Friends), as a few of you guessed. I thought that he'd be an entertaining character to impersonate, with his sarcastic attitude and whatnot.

And I can't really say that I know any of you all that well, so I didn't even try to guess. (Maybe I should have guessed randomly).
Jules
Delta Babe

Post by Jules »

That's alright. I've been here for ages and I couldn't even take a stab at it. You all were so good! ^_^
Datadog
Great Incinerations

Post by Datadog »

My pick to be Ron Weasley was little rushed. I wanted to try being a fictional character who discovers his own future through Wikipedia and goes insane, but I started too late in the month and didn't get my story arc in the way I wanted it. Just way too busy to keep checking in!

As far as my clues go, I dropped karaoke as a clue (I'm a regular, but it isn't known on this forum), but I tried to make it easier by mentioning "West Coast" and "Burnaby" for anyone who knows I live in Vancouver.

I figured out BBP because Calcifer was the only costume she didn't try to guess. :lol:

Return to “MASQ Of Eternity”