What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
Collector
Grand Poobah

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by Collector »

DeadPoolX wrote:
Rath Darkblade wrote:So, no-one is going to comment on this, hmm? ;)
I have no interest in the Warcraft series and that, to me, "WC3" means Wing Commander 3
Same here.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Felt like playing Grim Fandango. Tried the download that Collector posted in the GF site, but that one didn't work for me, so I set out to find a solution and discovered this blog. And I'm now playing happily, except the screen is a bit small.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

SokoBan, the original. Yay! :D
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Maxor127
Sierra Obsessed

Post by Maxor127 »

I was playing Borderlands 2 a lot, but now Guild Wars 2 has taken over and has me hooked now.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Killing Floor.
It's not great, but the multiplayer makes up for it
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot lately. Despite using checkpoint saves, it's a fantastic action-stealth game.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

DeadPoolX wrote:Been playing Mark of the Ninja a lot lately. Despite using checkpoint saves, it's a fantastic action-stealth game.
I thought you liked Check Points saves?
/feels DPX virtually pummel him. :lol:

I have actually VERY slowly (like every blue moon) began playing QFG1, after the Sierra sale on GOG when I got them (among an assortment of other Sierra games). I plan (like that's gonna happen) to carry the same character from one game to the next, which I don't think I have ever done completely (like I did 1 to 2, 3 to 4, and only played a portion of 5 that I never imported).
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Finished all levels of Sokoban (yay!) and am about to look into the Secret of Gravenstein. Looks like a puzzle adventure.
Skip to new scripts
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

Normally I'm not much of a rts person, but my bf's got me playing some custom maps on SC2. Some of them don't have much regular strategi gaming involved, though, like the one called Mafia, in wich you are either a maf, a town member or a neutral(can be either good or bad), and then the baddies (and some of the good guys) can usually kill people at night, while the rest have to pursuade the rest that lynching a certain someone is a good thing. and the group/person that survives wins the game. It's actually quite funny, unless you are one of the unfortunate who gets killed on the first night ot there's a troll ruining the mood of the game.
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Moon Dragon wrote:Normally I'm not much of a rts person, but my bf's got me playing some custom maps on SC2. Some of them don't have much regular strategi gaming involved, though, like the one called Mafia, in wich you are either a maf, a town member or a neutral(can be either good or bad), and then the baddies (and some of the good guys) can usually kill people at night, while the rest have to pursuade the rest that lynching a certain someone is a good thing. and the group/person that survives wins the game. It's actually quite funny, unless you are one of the unfortunate who gets killed on the first night ot there's a troll ruining the mood of the game.
By SC2, I presume you mean Starcraft 2? But... I've never heard of an of that stuff happening in Starcraft... :| Unless I completely misunderstood you? More details please... ;)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Rath Darkblade wrote:
Moon Dragon wrote:Normally I'm not much of a rts person, but my bf's got me playing some custom maps on SC2. Some of them don't have much regular strategi gaming involved, though, like the one called Mafia, in wich you are either a maf, a town member or a neutral(can be either good or bad), and then the baddies (and some of the good guys) can usually kill people at night, while the rest have to pursuade the rest that lynching a certain someone is a good thing. and the group/person that survives wins the game. It's actually quite funny, unless you are one of the unfortunate who gets killed on the first night ot there's a troll ruining the mood of the game.
By SC2, I presume you mean Starcraft 2? But... I've never heard of an of that stuff happening in Starcraft... :| Unless I completely misunderstood you? More details please... ;)
I think Moon Dragon's referring to this.
Fender_178
Sierra Veteran

Post by Fender_178 »

I have been playing League of Legends or LOL for short. Which is a online battle arena type of game.
FREEZE SCUM!!
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

DeadPoolX wrote:I think Moon Dragon's referring to this.
Indeed I am :D . It's actualy mostly fun to see the psycology of it all, how easy it is to get a group of people to see things your way if you sound convinsing enough. Which is kinda creepy actually. Then again, most of the palyers are most likely underaged kids who don't think beyound the tip of their nose. But then again again, that's the age to get a good grip if you wish to convince people that your opinions matter.

Of course most of the time you get grouped with people who just randomly lych people without any real clues, just to get the game going so they can move on to the next game and so on. It's rather ridiculess, but it's by far the most common tendency.

Oh, and I've also played the newest ND game, still not as strong as they used to, so yet another only moderately good game.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Just finished Legend of Kyrandia. I got tired of the trial and error after I'd left the caves and resorted to a walkthrough. Still made a lot of maps, though: will add a Kyrandia Companion to my homepage just so the world has a decent map of the areas.
Skip to new scripts
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Maia and I've been playing Orcs Must Die 2 together in co-op (story mode and endless mode) and it's a lot of fun! It's basically what you'd get if you combined a Tower Defense game and an Action-RPG.

In fact, our tags right now (we're both using the same image) are from the game itself. I play the War Mage and Maia plays the Sorceress. Most of their abilities and traps are the same, but a few -- namely the default weapons and a couple of unique traps -- are character specific.

If you're interested in OMD2, the best way to see what it's like is to view Total Biscuit's "WTF... is Orcs Must Die 2" video (shown below).

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”