Anyone know the title to this game?

Talk about games or general tech issues that are not Sierra related.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Re: Anyone know the title of this game? (for Tawmis){GAME FO

Post by Tawmis »

audiodane wrote:I miss CGA ..
(there, I said it)
So much nostalgia there... boy, those were the days ... how much you could do with FOUR simultaneous colors!!
..dane
:lol:

Yeah. From what I remember, I really enjoyed the game. I mean, it left SOME kind of impression on me. (I remember in the start, your ship wrecks or something...) Back then my friend Shawn and I were playing ALL kinds of adventure games.
cpages2
Sierra Obsessed

Re: Anyone know the title to this game?

Post by cpages2 »

DeadPool!!!!! You are my "bleeping" Hero!!!! That is it, thank you so much.

Just found a perfect complete version on eBay that I did buy it now.

- Mike
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

cpages2 wrote:DeadPool!!!!! You are my "bleeping" Hero!!!! That is it, thank you so much.

Just found a perfect complete version on eBay that I did buy it now.

- Mike
Hey, no problem! :)

To be honest, the ONLY reason I even recall Maabus is due to a CD review by a now-defunct magazine named Interactive Entertainment. I don't think they liked the game, but what stuck in my head was when the reviewers kept making fun of the name and calling it "MAAAAAABOOOOS."
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

So - late at night, surfing the web, no idea where you're going - and you land on a site that talks about a bunch of old DOS games...

And there I am - reading through the list - and I see a series of "Cave Quest" type games - which brings back a memory.

So this was probably early to mid 80's. I was on the ship with my father (Navy). And he dropped me off in their computer room to play games.

Now this game - it was a "DOS" type game - it had text on the bottom (where you can select directions), and above it - it had VERY simple line graphics that represented a cave (or a maze? I think a cave).

And (I can't remember the exact point) - but there was (I believe) a Yeti in the cave. And you would have to avoid it.

Occasionally you would get hints like, "You hear growling to the east." (Or something...)

Anyone have a clue on this one?
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Was it a yeti or a Wumpus?

I have memories of a demo I once played, of an adventure game. I think it looked isometric. It was point & click, and voiced. There were a lot of deaths so it wasn't Lucasarts. :) At every death you'd see a large tombstone with the character's name and hear him say "wait a minute, that was my whole life! I sure wish I got another chance!"
In the demo there was a large shed in the middle. At the back there were people talking, and you had to make sure these people wouldn't notice you (so you couldn't get near or make too much noise). You had to break into the shed and operate some kind of machinery there.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:Was it a yeti or a Wumpus?
It might be Wumpus! I see some "modernized" versions of the game - where it shows three caves on the screen. I can't find any of the "original" screen shots I remember - but considering the age of the game, there may simply be no "screenshots" that exist for the game.

The game I remember sort of look liked (pardon my rushed PAINT skills)...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (9.9 KiB) Viewed 14904 times
BBP wrote: I have memories of a demo I once played, of an adventure game. I think it looked isometric. It was point & click, and voiced. There were a lot of deaths so it wasn't Lucasarts. :) At every death you'd see a large tombstone with the character's name and hear him say "wait a minute, that was my whole life! I sure wish I got another chance!"
In the demo there was a large shed in the middle. At the back there were people talking, and you had to make sure these people wouldn't notice you (so you couldn't get near or make too much noise). You had to break into the shed and operate some kind of machinery there.
With that humor of "Wish I had another chance" - and not being Sierra or LucasArts - could it have been one of the Goosebumps games?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goosebump ... _series%29
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

You have been eaten by a Grue.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Thanks for the suggestion Tawm, but it didn't seem like it was a children's game.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Collector wrote:You have been eaten by a Grue.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Coming back to this thread.

There was a game, released in - I wanna say the 90s.

I thought the title had "Necro" something in it - cover is blue (mostly) with shades of black. Sort of the side of a building if memory serves me right. Font is in white.

It's about a guy (if memory serves me right), who is going around this dark, twisted city, trying to find out what's going on.

It is (or was) on GoG - I am pretty sure of it.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Well, DPX would have known it - and Collector even made an installer for it (if I had the original still; it was actually my friend Chuck who owned the game, and we'd played on his computer).

http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 291#p51291

Return to “Non-Sierra Games & Help”