What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by DeadPoolX »

Collector wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:
Tawmis wrote: I have all the original Ultimas; but like all my Sierra games I own; I still got them on GOG for simplicity.

I do the same, mostly because modern computers lack 3.5" diskette drives (and you can't even get a 5.25" drive that'd work on anything made within the last decade or so) and the vast majority of games I owned as a kid are at my Dad's place. Shipping them up here from Texas would be expensive and probably more hassle than its worth.
Sure you can. There is the FC5025 USB 5.25" Floppy Controller for $55.25. You can get an old internal 5.25" to use with it.
Interesting. Well, that's good to know, although admittedly it doesn't look like the sort of thing you could easily find at Best Buy or Amazon.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Collector wrote:
DeadPoolX wrote:
Tawmis wrote:So I don't need to go in the garage and dig out my boxes and discs.
Wait a sec... you keep your old games in your garage? In San Diego? Unless your garage is sealed, insulated, and has AC, it's likely those diskettes and discs aren't going to do too well in the California heat.
Agree with you about the heat. Not good for the media and the heat will start to oxidize the boxes, yellowing them and making then brittle. Unless the garage is kept air conditioned.
They're all in sealed, plastic bins (to protect them from termites, mice, etc). And when I got the USB 3.5" disc drive from my friend; I was able to copy the data off all my 3.5" discs. (I don't know about the ones I have 5.25" disks).
asuddenwind wrote:
Tawmis wrote: If you're a fan of CRPG, I can't recommend Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 (especially 2!) and Realms of Arkania 3 - enough. Hands down my favorite (old school) CRPG games. Even beating out Wizardry, which held that mantle for a very, very, very long time. (GOG only has Wizardry 6 & 7 and Wizardry 8). The folks of Almost Human made a fun Dungeon Crawl with puzzles, if that's your bag with Legend of Grimrock and Legend of Grimrock 2.
These sound like great suggestions. Definitely going to give them a try :)
I think you will enjoy them.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Qbix got me back playing SQ4...
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

SQ4 thanks to BBP, close to the end though.
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Finished SQ4!

That's one question solved: a lot of characters in GK1 aren't credited, among them officer Franks, the girl at the museum and Madame Lorelei - the clothesstore bot has the same voice as these characters. And she's credited. Jane Jensen.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Broken Sword I: Director's Cut.
Skip to new scripts
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One

Post by Rath Darkblade »

I am trying to play the Back to the Future game, where you go back to the 1930s and Prohibition. Pretty fun so far. ;)
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

There's a sequel to Dangerous Adventure, the RPG puzzler that had me enthralled when I first played it, and that I could barely put down.

The new one even has a steeper learning curve than the original had - in both cases there's more to it than the tutorial lets on - but I'm having a lot of fun with it!
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/dange ... venture-2/
Skip to new scripts
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I have to admit I think Broken Sword 1 DC is not as fun as regular BS2, since they cut the deaths. There were extra puzzles I loved, but they were ciphers.
Skip to new scripts
Moon Dragon
Sierra Veteran

Post by Moon Dragon »

The back to the future games are indeed fun :-D.

Anyways... just finished playing the GK 1 remake and have plans to start Agatha Christie ABC murders, though I've heard it's not that good.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I played (and beat!) Gears of War 4 - great game - kept with the original feel (upped the graphics, good story!) - wide open for more (and stay past the credits!)
lukeman3000
Sierra Fan

Post by lukeman3000 »

Currently I play a lot of Rocket League, Counter Strike: GO, and Titanfall 2
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

I was playing Les Manley: In Search of the King, but have since started the "Let's Play Sierra Games" channel - and just recently finished KQ3. And, after all these holidays, will begin KQ4.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

When I wasn't playing "older" games, I was playing Sword Coast Legends, and it's a really, really, really good game, but there's a massive issue with the load times between areas, that became so utterly frustrating that I lost enjoyment of playing the game. So now, I am playing Pillars of Eternity which has been really fun.
Attachments
510316636_1280x720.jpg
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

I can tell CD-i wouldn't be your cup of tea! :D

At the moment all I'm playing is the AIVD (Dutch CIA) christmas puzzle, which is fiendish!
Skip to new scripts

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”