Tim Curry

Voodoo got the best of you? Need a hint? Want to talk about Gabriel Knight? This is the place to do it!
User avatar
Collector
Grand Poobah
Posts: 12130
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Sierraland
Contact:

Re: Tim Curry

Post by Collector »

01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Image
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5426
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Tim Curry

Post by BBP »

I loved Duckman as a teenager, way before I started listening to Frank Zappa. Hearing Tim in an interview about his part in it, King Chicken, was what made me a fan of his. In an interview he turns frmo his beautiffuly enunciated soft-voice English accent into a Borscht Belt comic without batting an eyelid. King Chicken is always in disguise, so TIm got to play a large variety of characters.



Also starring music by Frank Zappa, voice acting by Dweezil Zappa (son of Frank, Ajax) and Gregg Berger (Abbe Arnaud, as Cornfed)

One of my favourite Tim performances is in Forbidden Fruit. He goes well with garters.

There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
User avatar
Rath Darkblade
The Cute One
Posts: 14623
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Lost in Translation
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Tim Curry

Post by Rath Darkblade »

Um ... her name is Regine Poulet? (Or perhaps I heard wrong - was it Reine Poulet, i.e. silly French for 'Queen Chicken')? ;)

I have to say, Tim Curry is unrecognisable here (which is the point, I suppose ... pardonnez-moi).
User avatar
BBP
Village Elder
Posts: 5426
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am
Gender: Not Specified
Contact:

Re: Tim Curry

Post by BBP »

The idea is you can tell it's him - if you work hard for it. :D
I keep forgetting how much of his work pops up now. If you have a bit more time, I can recommend Three Men In A Boat, one of his earlier films.


'Course we can't forget the man's biggest hit I Do The Rock. Couldn't find the Zucchini song on short notice tho.
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Post Reply

Return to “The Gabriel Knight Series”