What are you playing now?

Talk about anything you want here
BBP
Village Elder

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by BBP »

I'm back replaying GK3. Yes, yes...

And it's been rewarding! I found another easter egg, found some lines I had lined up with outtakes but that turn out to be in, found some bloopers and some gaps in my walkthrough that need addressing, and through these topics on the Pinkerton Road and Phoenix Online studios I suddenly realized: In the temple, the first puzzle is the chessboard. The second room, with the ring and the scales, is the circle puzzle. The missing room would come next, that's related to the quaternity, so it's the square puzzle. The third room is the Solomon room, with 6 mini corners, you first use one triangle and then the other to form two triangles superimposed - the hexagram. So the map geometry would be repeated in the temple!
Is that really very cool or what? :geek:
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

BBP wrote:I'm back replaying GK3. Yes, yes...
And it's been rewarding! I found another easter egg, found some lines I had lined up with outtakes but that turn out to be in, found some bloopers...
Is that really very cool or what? :geek:
That is so cool. In a way, it's kind of like playing for the first time, because it's all new stuff.

I am envious.

I have lost energy in playing games lately. :(
BBP
Village Elder

Post by BBP »

Finally finished good ol' Aladdin, the flash version of the sega game. I played the DOS game when I was ten-ish, just got round to finishing it.
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/aladdin/
There's a new script around: PHANTASMAGORIA - A Puzzle Of Flesh! Check the Script Party topic in the Bard's Forum!
Skip to new scripts
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Just purchased Pillars of Eternity, because it's similar to Neverwinter Nights/Baulders Gate. Still have Legends of the Sword Coast to finish...
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Actually started a new game of LEGENDS OF THE SWORD COAST and having a really good time with it. Will do PILLARS OF ETERNITY after that.
Qbix
DOSBox Author

Post by Qbix »

Playing Defender's Quest
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

Qbix wrote:Playing Defender's Quest
Sounds "Sierra-ish" :)
adeyke
Oldbie

Post by adeyke »

It has the naming scheme, but it's really not similar. Defender's Quest is a hero-based tower defense game. I played it a while back, though I never managed to 100% it. I've yet to give the new deluxe edition a try.
asuddenwind
Noob

Post by asuddenwind »

I'm working through the Ultima series (starting with #1) - just got the whole thing for about $5 at the GOG Summer Sale. Currently up to #3! So far, I really enjoyed #1, but #2 was a total drag :). No opinion on the 3rd yet.

The most recent Sierra game I played through was the new King's Quest - which I really enjoyed! I have played chapter 1&2, the 3rd was released recently and is on my todo list. Before that, I played Quest for Glory 5, which is one of my favorites.
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

asuddenwind wrote:I'm working through the Ultima series (starting with #1) - just got the whole thing for about $5 at the GOG Summer Sale. Currently up to #3! So far, I really enjoyed #1, but #2 was a total drag :). No opinion on the 3rd yet.
Wow! You're already on #3 and you started just recently?! I remember the Ultima games taking me forever to get through! That's some impressive work!
asuddenwind
Noob

Post by asuddenwind »

Tawmis wrote:Wow! You're already on #3 and you started just recently?! I remember the Ultima games taking me forever to get through! That's some impressive work!
Welllll... I'll be honest here. I cheated on Ultima #2 as soon as I realized it was one long, slow gold farm. I may be a terrible person =/ ... but I just wasn't enjoying it.

#1 on the other hand, was very entertaining despite its simplicity, and I am tempted to play through it again :)

#3 is also very good. I *love* the combat changes they made - first time you have a party of 4 and an actual combat screen... but I am having trouble making enough gold to keep the party fed. It seems like the enemies spawn very slowly!
Tawmis
Grand Poobah's Servant

Post by Tawmis »

asuddenwind wrote:
Tawmis wrote:Wow! You're already on #3 and you started just recently?! I remember the Ultima games taking me forever to get through! That's some impressive work!
Welllll... I'll be honest here. I cheated on Ultima #2 as soon as I realized it was one long, slow gold farm. I may be a terrible person =/ ... but I just wasn't enjoying it.
#1 on the other hand, was very entertaining despite its simplicity, and I am tempted to play through it again :)
#3 is also very good. I *love* the combat changes they made - first time you have a party of 4 and an actual combat screen... but I am having trouble making enough gold to keep the party fed. It seems like the enemies spawn very slowly!
I have all the original Ultimas; but like all my Sierra games I own; I still got them on GOG for simplicity. So I don't need to go in the garage and dig out my boxes and discs.

I have not replayed Ultima in a VERY long time; I just remember them (well, granted, I played them when they first came out), being pretty difficult to get through. :)

I don't remember Ultima 2 very well - for it being a gold farm - but that may have been the case!

If you're a fan of CRPG, I can't recommend Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 (especially 2!) and Realms of Arkania 3 - enough. Hands down my favorite (old school) CRPG games. Even beating out Wizardry, which held that mantle for a very, very, very long time. (GOG only has Wizardry 6 & 7 and Wizardry 8). The folks of Almost Human made a fun Dungeon Crawl with puzzles, if that's your bag with Legend of Grimrock and Legend of Grimrock 2.
asuddenwind
Noob

Post by asuddenwind »

Tawmis wrote: If you're a fan of CRPG, I can't recommend Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 (especially 2!) and Realms of Arkania 3 - enough. Hands down my favorite (old school) CRPG games. Even beating out Wizardry, which held that mantle for a very, very, very long time. (GOG only has Wizardry 6 & 7 and Wizardry 8). The folks of Almost Human made a fun Dungeon Crawl with puzzles, if that's your bag with Legend of Grimrock and Legend of Grimrock 2.
These sound like great suggestions. Definitely going to give them a try :)
DeadPoolX
DPX the Conqueror!

Post by DeadPoolX »

Tawmis wrote: I have all the original Ultimas; but like all my Sierra games I own; I still got them on GOG for simplicity.

I do the same, mostly because modern computers lack 3.5" diskette drives (and you can't even get a 5.25" drive that'd work on anything made within the last decade or so) and the vast majority of games I owned as a kid are at my Dad's place. Shipping them up here from Texas would be expensive and probably more hassle than its worth.
Tawmis wrote:So I don't need to go in the garage and dig out my boxes and discs.
Wait a sec... you keep your old games in your garage? In San Diego? Unless your garage is sealed, insulated, and has AC, it's likely those diskettes and discs aren't going to do too well in the California heat.
Tawmis wrote: The folks of Almost Human made a fun Dungeon Crawl with puzzles, if that's your bag with Legend of Grimrock and Legend of Grimrock 2.
I should probably point out that LoG 1 and 2 both employ real-time combat. I'm pretty sure the Ultima and Wizardry series use turn-based (but I could be wrong, seeing as how it's been ages since I've played either), so if that's an issue for you, then the LoG games might not be your thing.
"Er, Tawni, not Tawmni, unless you are doing drag."
-- Collector (commenting on a slight spelling error made by Tawmis)
Collector
Grand Poobah

Post by Collector »

DeadPoolX wrote:
Tawmis wrote: I have all the original Ultimas; but like all my Sierra games I own; I still got them on GOG for simplicity.

I do the same, mostly because modern computers lack 3.5" diskette drives (and you can't even get a 5.25" drive that'd work on anything made within the last decade or so) and the vast majority of games I owned as a kid are at my Dad's place. Shipping them up here from Texas would be expensive and probably more hassle than its worth.
Sure you can. There is the FC5025 USB 5.25" Floppy Controller for $55.25. You can get an old internal 5.25" to use with it.
DeadPoolX wrote:
Tawmis wrote:So I don't need to go in the garage and dig out my boxes and discs.
Wait a sec... you keep your old games in your garage? In San Diego? Unless your garage is sealed, insulated, and has AC, it's likely those diskettes and discs aren't going to do too well in the California heat.
Agree with you about the heat. Not good for the media and the heat will start to oxidize the boxes, yellowing them and making then brittle. Unless the garage is kept air conditioned.
01000010 01111001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100001

Return to “Miscellaneous Chatter”